Promulgation Date: 2018-10-25 Title:Regulations on the Work of Branches of the Communist Party of China (Provisional) [Document Number] Expiration date: Promulgating Entities:The Central Committee of the Communist Party of China Source of text: http://www.gov.cn/zhengce/2018-11/25/content_5343236.htm
Chapter I: General Provisions
Article 1: These Regulations are made on the basis of the "Constitution of the Chinese Communist Party" and relevant internal party rules, so as to uphold and strengthen the Party's comprehensive leadership, to carry forward the glorious tradition of building and connecting branches , implementing the requirements of The Party managing its own and strict comprehensive Party management, comprehensively increasing the organizational ability of Party branches, Strengthening party branches capacity for governance, giving full play to the role of party branches as strongholds, solidifying the organizational foundation for the Party's long-lasting rule.
Article 2: Party brances are the Party's foundational organization, are the basic unit for Party organizations carrying out work, are the Party's strongholds in basic level social organizations, are the foundation of all the Party's work and struggles, and have the duties of directly educating Party members, managing Party members, overseeing Party members and organization group, making publicity to the masses, bringing the masses together, and giving service to the masses.
Article 3: The work of Party branches must obey the following principles:
(1) Persist in the leadership of the Communist Party of China over state supervision work, and be guided by Marxism-Leninism, Mao Zedong Thought, Deng Xiaoping Theory, the Theory of the "Three Represents"; the Scientific Outlook on Development, and Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, follow the Party Constitution, strengthen ideological and theoretical arms, fortify ideals and convictions; stay true to the original intent and remember the mission; remaining advanced and clean throughout.
Chapter II Organizational Setup
Article 4: Party branches are usually set up primarily in units or regions, with independent separate establishments in each as the primary means. Any enterprises, rural villages, state organs, schools, scientific research institutions, social organizations, companies of the People's Liberation army or armed police, as well as other basic-level units that have 3 or more formal Party members should all establish Party Branches.
The number of party members in a Party branch shall generally not exceed 50 persons.
Article 5: The form of Party branches should combine the actual situation and innovation, so that the Party organizations and Party work have full coverage.
Larger or cross-regional farmers' professional cooperative organizations, professional markets, commercial districts, commercial buildings, and so forth, that meet the requirements shall establish Party branches.
In units with less than 3 formal Party members, establish a joint Party branch in accordance with the principles of proximity, similarity of business, appropriate scale, and convenient management. Party branches should generally not cover more than 5 units.
Projects or work programs that have a timeframe of 6 months or more and meet requirements shall establish a Party branch.
Where there is a larger number of migrant Party organizations and their worksite or residence are relative stable and consolidated, the Party organizations that they have left should discuss with the destination Party organizations and retain parks, chambers of commerce, industry associations, remote offices and other such bodies to establish a Party branch for mobile Party members.
Article 6: The establishment of Party branches is usually by application of a basic-level unit, then the township (community) or unit basic level Party committee is to convene a meeting to research, make a decision, and approve it, and the time for approval is not normally to exceed 1 month.
After the basic level Party organizations agree to the approval, the basic level units are to convene a general membership meeting to select the Party branch's party committee or the Party branch secretary and deputy secretary where a committee is not established. The basic-level Party organization is to report the outcome of the approval or selection to the organizational department of the Party committee at the level above for filing.
Based on operational needs, the higher-level Party committee may directly decide to set up party branches in basic level units.
Article 7: Where, due to changes in the number of Party members or the unit and region, the requirements for establishing a Party branch are not longer met, the higher level Party organizations shall promptly adjust or disband them.
Adjustment or disbanding of Party branches, is usually to be approved by the Party branch reporting to the township (community) or unit's basic level Party committee, and may also be directly decided upon by the township (community) or unit's basic level party committee and reported to the organizational department of the Party committee at the level above for filing.
Article 8: Where bodies are temporarily established to carry out the tasks of a certain project, where Party members organizational relationships are not altered, a temporary Party branch may be established with the permission of the higher level Party organization.
Temporary Party branches primarily organize Party members in carrying out political study, education, mangement, oversight of Party members, conducting education and cultivation of activists that seek to enter the party, and so forth; and normally do not seek to recruit Party members or to sanction or punish Party members, do not accept membership dues, do not select party congress representatives or have changes of leadership.
The secretaries, deputy secretaries, and Party committees of temporary Party branches are to be designated by the Party organization that approved their establishment.
After temporarily established bodies disband, temporary party branches are naturally disbanded.
Chapter III Basic tasks
Article 9: The basic tasks of the Party branch are:
(1) Publicize and implement Party theory, path, directives, and policies; publicize and implement the major decisions of the Party Central Committee, higher-level Party organizations, and that Party branch. Discuss decisions or participate in deciding major matters for that area, department, or unit, giving full play to the role of Party members as an exemplary vanguard, uniting and organizing the masses, and striving to complete the tasks of that are, department, or unit.
(2) Organize Party members to earnestly study Marxism-Leninism, Mao Zedong thought, Deng Xiaoping theory, the important concept of the "three represents", the scientific view of development, and Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, advancing the 'two studies and one do' studying the normalization and institutionalization of education; studying the Party's path, directives, policies and major decisions; studying basic party knowledge; and studying knowledge of science, culture, law, and business. Do a good job of ideological and political work and awareness work.
(3) Carry out education, management, oversight, and services of Party members, highlight political education, improving Party members' character, fortifying ideals and convictions, strengthening Party spirit, make Party organization life strict, carrying out criticisms and self-criticisms, preserving and enforcing Party discipline, overseeing Party members' initial performance of duties, and ensuring that the lawful rights of Party members are not encroached upon. Strengthen and improve management of migrant Party members Care for and support Party members with troubles and aging Party members. Do a good job of efforts to collect, use, and manage Party dues. Follow provisions to prudently handle unqualied Party members.
(4) Connect closely with the masses, promote the Party's policies to the masses, regularly learn of the masses' criticisms and comments of the work of Party members and the Party, understand what the public is seeking, preserve the masses' legitimate rights and interests, do a good job of ideological and political work for the masses, and bring together and expand the wisdom and might of the masses. Lead the area's, department's, or unit's labor union, Communist Youth League, women's federation, and other mass organizations; supporting them in independently carrying out the work of their charters.
(5) Conduct education and cultivation of activists that request to joint the Party, do a good job of regular Party member recruitment, put political standards first, with strict procedures and stern discipline to develop Party members with clean political character. Discover, cultivate, and recommend exception talents among Party members and the masses.
(6) Oversee that Party member cadres and all other personnel strict compliance with state laws and regulations, strict compliance with the states fiscal and economic laws and regulations and the personnel system, and, and that they do not encroach on the nation's, groups, or public's interest.
(7) Practically and realistically submit comments and recommendations on the Party's establishment and Party work, promptly reporting important situations to the Party organizations at the higher levels. Educate Party members and the masses to conscientiously resist negative tendencies, and resolutely combat all kinds of conduct in violation of discipline and law.
(8) Follow provisions on reporting on Party work conditions to Party members and the masses, and disclose relevant internal Party affairs.
Article 10: 不同领域党支部结合实际，分别承担各自不同的重点任务：
(1) Village Party branches are to comprehensivley lead all organizations and all work items subordinate to that village, carrying out the work revolving around the village revitalization plan, organizing and leading the farmers to develop a collective economy, taking the road of common prosperity, leading village-level governance, establishing harmonious and beautiful villages. Party branches for impoverished villages shall mobilize and lead the masses to win the battle against poverty.
(2) Community Party branches are to comprehensively lead each organization and work item subordinate to that community, enhancing the well-being of the masses by revolving around the Party's foundation in city governance, guide basic level social-governance, organize integration of the jurisdiction's resources, serve the public in that are, preserve harmony and stability, and establish a wonderful home.
(3) Party branches in state-owned enterprises and collective enterprises, and to guarantee oversight of the implementation of Party and state directives and policies, and carry out work rotating around the enterprises' businesses, follow provisions to participate in decision-making on major issues in the enterprise, serve reform and development, bring together professional groups, establish an enterprise culture, and create a first-rate performance.
(4) Party branches in institutions of higher learning are to guarantee oversight of the implementation of theParty's educational directives, solidifying the guiding position of Marxism in school's ideological sphere, strengthening ideological and political leadership, building an ideological grounding for students, carry out the basic task of strengthening moral education and cultivating people, and ensuring that every task of managing teaching and research is completed.
(5) Party branches in economic organizations that are not in the public ownership system are to lead and oversee the enterprises strict compliance with state laws and regulations, bringing together the professional masses, lawfully preserving all parties' lawful rights and interests, establishing an advanced enterprise culture, and promoting the healthy development of enterprises.
(6) Party branches in social organizations are to guide and oversee the the social organizations' lawful operation in accordance with law and with integrity (creditworthiness), educate and guide the professional masses in having a strong political identity, guide and support the social organizations' orderly participation in social governance, provision of public services, and taking on social responsibility.
(7) Party branches in public institutions are to ensure oversight of the correct orientation for reform and development, participate in major decision making, serve in bringing up talent, and promote institutional development. Party branches that serve a leadership role in public institutions are to deliberate and decide upon major issues.
(8) Party branches in every level of Party and state organ are to be establish team development efforts centered around service, giving play to the role of Party members in education, management, and oversight; and assisting the persons responsible for administration in the unit to complete their tasks and improve work.
(9) Party branches for migrant Party members are to organize migrant Party members in carrying out political study, having a positive organizational life, advancing democratic elections, guiding Party members to carry out party duties, exercising Party members rights, and playing a full role. For democratic elections and other such situations regarding migrant Party members with no organizational relationship to that Party branch, they shall report to the branch with which they have an organizational relationship.
(10) Party branches for resigned or retired cadres are to publicize and implement the Party's path, directives, and policies; and on the basis of the Party members actual situation, organize participation in study, carry out organizational life, hear comments and suggestions, and guide them in playing a role in accordance with their personal circumstances.
Chapter IV: Work Mechanisms
Article 11: 党支部党员大会是党支部的议事决策机构，由全体党员参加，一般每季度召开1次。
Article 12: Party branch committees are the leadership body for the routine work of Party branches.
党支部委员会会议一般每月召开1次，根据需要可以随时召开，对党支部重要工作进行讨论、作出决定等。 党支部委员会会议须有半数以上委员到会方可进行。 重要事项提交党员大会决定前，一般应当经党支部委员会会议讨论。
Article 13: 党员人数较多或者党员工作地、居住地比较分散的党支部，按照便于组织开展活动原则，应当划分若干党小组，并设立党小组组长。 党小组组长由党支部指定，也可以由所在党小组党员推荐产生。
Article 14: 党支部党员大会、党支部委员会会议由党支部书记召集并主持。 书记不能参加会议的，可以委托副书记或者委员召集并主持。 党小组会由党小组组长召集并主持。
Chapter V: Organizational Life
Article 15: 党支部应当严格执行党的组织生活制度，经常、认真、严肃地开展批评和自我批评，增强党内政治生活的政治性、时代性、原则性、战斗性。
Article 16: 党支部应当组织党员按期参加党员大会、党小组会和上党课，定期召开党支部委员会会议。
Article 17: 党支部每年至少召开1次组织生活会，一般安排在第四季度，也可以根据工作需要随时召开。 组织生活会一般以党支部党员大会、党支部委员会会议或者党小组会形式召开。
Article 18: 党支部一般每年开展1次民主评议党员，组织党员对照合格党员标准、对照入党誓词，联系个人实际进行党性分析。
党支部召开党员大会，按照个人自评、党员互评、民主测评的程序，组织党员进行评议。 党员人数较多的党支部，个人自评和党员互评可以在党小组范围内进行。 党支部委员会会议或者党员大会根据评议情况和党员日常表现情况，提出评定意见。
Article 19: 党支部应当经常开展谈心谈话。 党支部委员之间、党支部委员和党员之间、党员和党员之间，每年谈心谈话一般不少于1次。 谈心谈话应当坦诚相见、交流思想、交换意见、帮助提高。
Chapter VI: Establishment of Party Branch Committee Membership
Article 20: 有正式党员7人以上的党支部，应当设立党支部委员会。 党支部委员会由3至5人组成，一般不超过7人。
Article 21: 村、社区党支部委员会每届任期5年，其他基层单位党支部委员会一般每届任期3年。
党支部委员会由党支部党员大会选举产生，党支部书记、副书记一般由党支部委员会会议选举产生，不设委员会的党支部书记、副书记由党支部党员大会选举产生。 选出的党支部委员，报上级党组织备案；党支部书记、副书记，报上级党组织批准。 党支部书记、副书记、委员出现空缺，应当及时进行补选。 确有必要时，上级党组织可以指派党支部书记或者副书记。
建立健全党支部按期换届提醒督促机制。 根据党组织隶属关系和干部管理权限，上级党组织对任期届满的党支部，一般提前6个月以发函或者电话通知等形式，提醒做好换届准备。 对需要延期或者提前换届的，应当认真审核、从严把关，延长或者提前期限一般不超过1年。
Article 22: 党支部书记主持党支部全面工作，督促党支部其他委员履行职责、发挥作用，抓好党支部委员会自身建设，向党支部委员会、党员大会和上级党组织报告工作。
Article 23: 党支部书记应当具备良好政治素质，热爱党的工作，具有一定的政策理论水平、组织协调能力和群众工作本领，敢于担当、乐于奉献，带头发挥先锋模范作用，在党员、群众中有较高威信，一般应当具有1年以上党龄。
Article 24: 上级党组织应当结合不同领域实际，突出政治标准，按照组织程序，采取多种方式，选拔符合条件的优秀党员担任党支部书记。
村、社区应当注重从带富能力强的村民、复员退伍军人、经商务工人员、乡村教师、乡村医生、社会工作者、大学生村官、退休干部职工等群体中选拔党支部书记。 对没有合适人选的，上级党组织可以跨地域或者从机关和企事业单位选派党支部书记。 根据工作需要，上级党组织可以选派优秀干部到村、社区担任党支部第一书记，指导、帮助党支部书记开展工作，主要承担建强党支部、推动中心工作、为民办事服务、提升治理水平等职责任务。 符合条件的村、社区党支部书记可以通过法定程序担任村民委员会、居民委员会主任。
Article 25: 上级党组织应当经常对党支部书记、副书记和其他委员进行培训。
党支部书记培训纳入党员、干部教育培训规划，对新任党支部书记应当进行任职培训。 中央组织部组织开展党支部书记示范培训，地方、行业、系统一般根据党组织隶属关系，分层分类开展党支部书记全员轮训。 党支部书记每年应当至少参加1次县级以上党组织举办的集中轮训。 注意统筹安排，防止频繁参训，确保党支部书记做好日常工作。
Article 26: 注重从优秀村、社区党支部书记中选拔乡镇和街道领导干部，考录公务员和招聘事业单位人员。
Article 27: 党支部委员会成员应当自觉接受上级党组织和党员、群众监督，加强互相监督。
Article 28: 建立持续整顿软弱涣散党支部工作机制。 对不适宜担任党支部书记、副书记和委员职务的，上级党组织应当及时作出调整。 对存在换届选举拉票贿选、宗族宗教和黑恶势力干扰渗透等问题的，上级党组织应当及时严肃处理。
Chapter VII: Leadership and Safeguards
Article 29: 各级党委（党组）应当把党支部建设作为最重要的基本建设，定期研究讨论、加强领导指导，切实履行主体责任。 县级党委每年至少专题研究1次党支部建设工作。
Article 30: 党委组织部门应当经常对党支部建设情况进行分析研判，加强分类指导和督促检查，扩大先进党支部增量，提升中间党支部水平，整顿后进党支部。 加强党支部标准化、规范化建设。 基层党委一般应当配备专兼职组织员，加强对党支部建设的具体指导。
Article 31: 村、社区党支部工作纳入县级党委巡察监督工作内容。
Article 32: 抓党支部建设情况应当列入各级党委书记抓基层党建工作述职评议考核的重要内容，作为评判其履行管党治党政治责任情况的重要依据。 对抓党支部建设不力、各项工作不落实的，上级党委及其组织部门应当进行约谈。 对党支部建设出现严重问题，党员、群众反映强烈的，应当按照规定严肃问责。
Article 33: 各级党组织应当为党支部开展工作提供必要条件，给予经费保障。 增强村、社区党支部运转经费保障能力，落实村、社区党支部书记报酬待遇，并根据当地经济发展水平建立正常增长机制。 给予非公有制经济组织和社会组织党支部工作经费支持。 加强村、社区和园区等领域基层党组织活动场所建设，积极运用现代技术和信息化手段，充分发挥办公议事、开展党的活动、提供便民服务等综合功能。
Chapter VIII: Supplementary Provisions
Article 34: 村、社区党的基层委员会、总支部委员会，按照本条例执行。
Article 35: The Central Military Commission may draft relevant provisions on the basis of these Regulations.
Article 36: The Organization Department of the CPCC is responsible for the interpretation of these Regulations.
Article 37: This Regulations take effect on October 28, 2018. Where other provisions on Party branches are inconsistent with these Regulations, act in accordance with these Regulations.