Promulgation Date: 2021-9-3 Title: 教育部办公厅关于坚决查处变相违规开展学科类校外培训问题的通知 Document Number:教监管厅函〔2021〕8号 Expiration date: Promulgating Entities:Office of the Ministry of Education Source of text: http://www.moe.gov.cn/srcsite/A29/202109/t20210908_560508.html
To all provincial, autonomous region, or directly governed municipality education departments (education committees) and the Education Bureau for the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps:
Since the issuance of the Opinions on Further Reducing Student's Work Burden and Extracurricular Training Burden During the Compulsory Education Period by the Central Party Committee's General Office and the General Office of the State Council, all regions have advanced governance of extracurricular training and obtained preliminary success. However, a few locations have seen the phenomenon of academic training going 'underground, changing its 'dress' to evade regulation, and other such problems of concealment and disguise, impacting the implementation of policy and creating a negative impact. In order to guide each area in firmly investigating and handling the problem of concealed and disguised extracurricular training, notice on the following related work is hereby given.
I. Clarify requirements for compliance with regulations. In carrying out extracurricular academic training, aspects of the training such as the training entity, personnel, time, locations, content, and methods, must all meet the requirements of relevant national provisions. Compliant extracurricular academic training generally refers to the academic training services provided to students by fully-licensed extracurricular training establishments in registered training locations and the provided training times by the training personnel they have hired who have teaching credentials, in accordance with the training methods provided, meeting the training content requirements.
II. Control the variant forms. Academic training that does not meet the compliance requirements described above and have any of the following circumstances should be investigated and handled in accordance with laws and regulations:
1. institutions or individuals with incomplete licenses violating rules related to training entities by carrying out academic training in violation of rules under names such as consultation, cultural dissemination, "domestic services“， “live-in tutoring”, "group personal training".
2. Persons without teaching credentials violating rules on training personnel by carrying out academic training or primary and secondary school teachers violating the rules by carrying out supplemental classes for payment.
3. Violating rules on training times by using methods such as changing live broadcasts to recording to carry out academic training.
4. Violating rules on the location of training by organizing training in other areas, carrying out academic training in residential buildings, hotels, coffee shops, and other locations, or breaking up to carry out one-to-one or group academic training outside of registered locations.
5. Violating rules on training content by carrying out academic training under the name of study tours, research， thought cultivation, or classical education, or during non-academic training such as technology, sports, culture, or other training.
6. Violating rules on training methods such as carrying out online academic training through means such as instant messaging, online meetings, and livestream platforms,
7, Other covert or disguised academic training in violation of rules.
III. Establish differentiation mechanisms. Each level of administrative department for education should take a clear stand and strictly investigate and handle clear violations of relevant provisions. Local administrative departments for education may establish expert committees or designate professional bodies to distinguish acts of covert or disguised academic training on the basis of the characteristics of its concealment or modifications, as well as new situations or issues that arise in practice.
IV. Implement territorial management. Each region should follow the principle of having the review take responsibility to conduct investigations and handling the issue of covert or disguised academic training. Establishments and persons with incomplete licensure are to be investigated and handled on the basis of the provisions of the State Council's "Measures for Investigating Unlicensed Businesses" The relevant departments for the site where training body was approved and for the site of the violations occurred are to investigate and handle cross-region violations.
V. Enhance Regulatory Law Enforcement Each region should give full play to the role of the special '2-reductions' work coordination mechanism, strengthening departmental coordination, string linkages, and tightening responsibility. Efforts on the issues of covert or disguised academic training should be included in provincial, municipal, county, township (community) comprehensive online governance system, giving full play to the function of comprehensive community governance, carrying out regional patrol inspections for law enforcement. Clear channels for complaints and reports, expand sources of leads on issues, strengthening social oversight. Increase the force of law enforcement for covert and disguised academic training activities, discovering, investigating, and circulating them together. There should be innovation in regulatory methods, advancing the "internet+regulation", collaborating between departments, exploring the inclusion of information on unlawful training establishments and personnel in the national credit information sharing platform, implementing joint punishments, to resolutely prevent the spread of concealed and disguised training.
Office of the Ministry of Education
September 3, 2021