227 total views, 1 views today
Advertising Law of the People's Republic of China
Chapter I: General Provisions
Article 1: This Law is formulated so as to regulate advertising activities, promote the healthy development of advertising business, protect the lawful rights and interests of consumers, maintain the socio-economic order and bring into play the active role of advertisements in the socialist marketplace.
Article 2: Advertisers, advertising agents and advertisement publishers and advertising testimonials in People's Republic of China territory carrying out advertising activities shall abide by this law.
Advertisements as used in this law refers to commercial advertisements for which goods dealers or service providers have paid to use certain media formats to directly or indirectly introduce the goods they sell or services they provide.
"Advertisers" as used in this Law indicates natural persons, legal persons or other organizations that, for the purpose of promoting the sale of merchandise or services, design, produce and publish advertisements either by themselves or by retaining others to do so.
"Advertising agents" as used in this Law indicates natural persons, legal person or other organizations that are retained to provide advertisement design and production and representation services.
"Advertisement publishers" as used in this Law indicates the natural persons, legal persons or other organizations that publish advertisements for advertisers or the advertising agents that advertisers retain.
"Advertisement endorsers" as used in this Law indicates natural persons, legal persons or other organizations, other than the advertiser, who make recommendations or attestations regarding the goods or services in an advertisement.
Article 3: The State encourages and supports the development of the the advertising industry, the relevant departments of the State Council shall formulate and implement policy measures beneficial to the healthy development of the advertising industry.
Article 4: Advertisements shall be truthful, lawful, and consistent with the requirements of the construction of a socialist spirit civilization and carrying forward the exceptional traditional culture of the Chinese people.
Article 5: Advertisements must not include false content, and must not trick or mislead consumers.
Article 6: Advertisers, advertising agents, advertisement publishers and advertisement endorsers shall, when engaged in advertising activities, abide by laws and administrative regulations, adhere to the principles of fairness, honesty and credibility.
Article 7: The State Council administrative department for management of industry and commerce has principle authority for the work of supervising and managing advertising, each relevant state council department is responsible for relevant advertising management efforts within the scope of is duties.
Administrative departments of industry and commerce management at the county level or above have principle responsibility for the advertising supervision and management work within their administrative region, the relevant departments of local people's government at the county level and above are each responsible for work related to management of advertisements of within the scope of their professional duties.
Article 8: Advertising trade organisations shall strengthen industry self-regulation, guiding advertisers, advertising agents, advertisement publishers and advertising endorsers to lawfully engage in advertising activities, promoting the establishment of advertising industry credibility.
Chapter II: Advertising Norms
Article 9: Advertisements shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Statements in an advertisement on the performance, function, place of origin, usage, quality, composition, price, producer or manufacturer, term of validity, promise or other attributes of a commodity, or on the content, provider, form, quality, price, promise or other attributes of a service, they shall be clear and explicit.
(2) expressions in an advertisement about presentation of promotional items for the sale of commodities or services, shall clearly indicate the type, specification, quantities of such items and the and the means and effective period.
(3) Content that laws or administrative regulations provide shall be in advertisements shall be conspicuously and distinctly shown.
Article 10: Advertisements must not have the following circumstances:
(1) Using or covertly using the nation flag, emblem or anthem of the People's Republic of China,
(2) Using or covertly using the names or images of state organs or their personnel;
(3) using language such as "National Level", "Highest Level" or "Best" , except as lawfully acquired;
(4) Harming the national dignity or interests, or leaking state secrets;
(5) Hindering social stability or harming the public interest;
(6) endangering the safety of persons or property, or revealing personal privacy;
(7) Hindering societal public order or violating good social conduct;
(8) Having pornographic, sexual, superstitious, terrorist or violent content;
(9) Having content which is ethnically, racially, religiously or sex-based discrimination;
(10) Hindering the protection of the environment, natural resources or cultural heritage;
(11) Other situations prohibited by law or administrative regulations.
Article 11: Advertisements must not impair the physical and mental health of minors or disabled persons.
Article 12: Where an advertisement involves matters for which an administrative licence must be obtained, it shall comply with the content of the license.
Where advertisements use cited content such as data, statistical information, investigative conclusions, abstracts or quotations, it shall be truthful and accurate, and clearly indicate the sources. Where there is a application range or validity period [or expiration date] for cited content, it shall be clearly indicated.
Article 13: Where an advertisement involves a patented product or process, it shall clearly indicate the patent number and type of patent.
Where patent rights have not been obtained, an advertiser shall not give false information in an advertisement that the patent right has been obtained.
It is prohibited in an advertisement to use a patent application for which patent rights have not been granted or to use a terminated, revoked or ineffective patent.
Article 14: Advertisements shall not belittle other manufacturers, operations or their merchandise or services.
Article 15: An advertisement shall be distinguishable and shall enable consumers to identify it as an advertisement.
The mass media must not publish advertisements in the form of news reports. Advertisements published through the mass media shall bear advertisement labels so as to differentiate them from other non-advertisement information, and must not mislead consumers.
Article 16: It is prohibited to publish advertisements for prescription drugs except in pharmacology and medical periodicals as provided by drug management laws and administrative regulations. Advertisements for prescription drugs shall place text saying "this advertisement is provided solely to be read by medical and pharmaceutical professionals" in a conspicuous position; advertisements for non-prescription drugs shall place text saying "purchase and use this product in accordance with the instructions or as directed by a pharmacist," in a conspicuous position.
Advertisements recommending personal use of medical treatment appliances shall have text clearly state in the advertisement, "please carefully read the instruction booklet or purchase and use as directed by medical personnel." Where there are contraindications or precautions in a medical instrument's registration documents, advertisements' texts shall clearly state " Carefully read the instructions for contraindications and precautions"
Article 17: Advertisements for medicines, health foods, medical instruments or medical treatment shall meet the following requirements:
(1) must not contain unscientific assertions or guarantees of efficacy;
(2) Must not explain recovery rates or efficacy rates;
(3) Must not make comparisons with the efficacy or safety of other medicines or medical instruments, or with other treatment institutions;
(4) Must not use the name of scientific research units, academic organizations, medical treatment establishments, trade associations, or experts and patients, as promotion or proof;
(5) Must not contain other content prohibited by laws or administrative regulations.
Article 18: Special medicines such as narcotics, psychotropic substances, therapeutic toxins and radioactive drugs, as well as medicines, medical instruments and therapies used in treatment of drug withdrawal, must not be advertised.
Article 19: Advertisements for pesticides, veterinary drugs, animal feed and feed additives shall comply with the following requirements:
(1) must not contain indications or assertions of absolute safety;
(2) must not contain unscientific assertions or guarantees of efficacy;
(3) must not use the name or image of a research and development unit, academic organization, technical institute, trade association or of an expert, a doctor or patient or consumer for promotion or demonstrations;
(4) must not illustrate efficacy;
(5) must not contain any language, text or pictures contrary to safe usage rules;
(6) Must not contain other content prohibited by law or administrative regulations.
Article 20: It is prohibited to publish, or covertly publish, advertisements for tobacco through broadcasting, motion pictures, television, newspapers, periodicals, books, audio-visual works, electronic publications, mobile communications networks, the internet or other forms of mass media.
It is prohibited to put up advertisements for tobacco at any kind of waiting room, cinema, theaters, conference halls, stadiums, libraries, cultural centers, museums, parks or other similar public places. It is prohibited to set up outdoor tobacco advertisements.
Article 21: Tobacco and alcohol advertisements shall comply with the following requirements:
(1) Must not show images of smoking or drinking alcohol.;
(2) Must not use the names or images of minors;
(3) Must not induce or tempt one to smoke or drink alcohol, or promote immoderate drinking.
(4) Must not state or imply that smoking or drinking alcohol has functions such as relieving nervousness, easing anxiety or increasing physical strength.
Publication of tobacco advertisements shall be approved by the department of industry and commerce administration at the county level or above. Tobacco publications approved for publication shall have text indicating that "smoking is harmful to health."
Article 22: Advertisements for education or training shall comply with the following requirements :
(1) Must not make guarantee promises about educational advancement, passing tests, receiving degrees or certificates, or regarding the effectiveness of education or training;
(2) Must not publicize that testing organizations or their employees, or question selectors, participate in the education or training;
(3) must not use the name or image of a research and development institution , academic organization, or trade association; or of an expert or beneficiary or consumer for promotion or demonstrations.
Article 23: Advertisements for goods or services that have expectations of a return on investment , such as those seeking investors, shall comply with the following requirements.
(1) Have reasonable indication or warnings on possible risks and how responsibility for risks will be borne;
(2) Must not make assurances and promises about future results, earnings, or related circumstances; and must not express or imply that it will break even, have no risks, maintain earnings and so forth, except as provided elsewhere by the State.
(3) must not use the name or image of an academic organization, or trade association; or of an expert or beneficiary or consumer for promotion or demonstrations.
Article 24: Real estate advertisements shall comply with the following requirements:
(1) Must not have financial or covertly financial financial content, and must not have promises on appreciation or returns on investment;
(2) Project locations shall be expressed as the actual distance from a specific reference or traffic artery, and must not be expresed in terms of necessary travel time;
(3) Where price is touched upon, it shall comply with relevant national provisions and clearly indicate the period of validity for the price.
(4) Where touching upon transportation, commercial or cultural and educational facilities, as well as other municipal government amenities, as that are in planning or under construction, this shall be clearly expressed whether
(5) The area shall be clearly identified as the area of the building or the interior area.
(6) Housing source information must be real.
Article 25: 农作物种子、林木种子、草种子、种畜禽、水产苗种和种养殖广告关于品种名称、生产性能、生长量或者产量、品质、抗性、特殊使用价值、经济价值、适宜种植或者养殖的范围和条件等方面的表述应当真实、清楚、明白，并应当符合下列要求：
(2) must not contain unscientific assertions or guarantees of efficacy;
(3) must not conduct economic analysis and predictions or make guarantees and promises;
(4) must not use the name or image of a research and development unit, academic organization, technical institute, trade association or of an expert, a doctor or patient or consumer for promotion or demonstrations.
Article 26: Other than advertisements for medical treatment, medicines and medical instruments, it is prohibited for other advertisements to touch upon functions for treatment of illnesses, and the language of medical treatment, or language that would easily confuse the promoted product with medicines or medical instruments, must not be used.
Article 27: Where advertisements use content that is false or disingenuous to trick or mislead, it constitutes a false advertisement.
Where advertisements have any of the following, they are false advertisements:
(1) Where the merchandise or services being sold do not exist;
(2) Where marketing, promises and other information related to products or services are inconsistent with the actual conditions regarding a goods' performance, function, origin, uses, quality, specifications, components, price, manufacturer, and effective period, sales status and information on awards and honors received; or of a service's content, form, quality, price, sales status, and awards and honors received; having a material impact on purchasing.
(3) use of false, fabricated or unverifiable scientific research, statistics, survey results, abstracts, quotations or other such data.
(4) false effects of the use of goods or receipt of services.
Article 28: State Council administrative department of industry and commerce shall, on the basis of this law, formulate specific regulations on advertisement norms, either alone or together with relevant departments of the State Council.
Chapter III: Advertising activities
Article 29: Where radio broadcasters, television stations, newspapers and periodical publishers engage in the publication of advertisements, they shall establish specialized organizations for engaging in the advertising business, appoint necessary personal, and possess appropriate venues and equipment for publishing advertisements; and register for advertising publishing with the local administrative department of industry and commerce at the county level or above.
Article 30: Advertisers, advertising agents, advertisement publishers and advertising endorsers shall make a written contract between them in accordance with law during advertising activities.
Article 31: Advertisers, advertising agents, advertising publishers and advertisement endorsers must not engage in any form of unfair competition in advertising activities.
Article 32: An advertiser commissioning the design, production and publishing of advertisements shall retain advertising agents or advertisement publishers with lawful operating credentials.
Article 33: Advertisers shall be responsible for the veracity of advertisement's content.
Article 34: 广告主或者广告经营者在广告中使用他人名义或者形象的，应当事先取得其书面同意；使用无民事行为能力人、限制民事行为能力人的名义、形象的，应当事先取得其监护人的书面同意。
Article 35: Advertising agents and advertisement publishers shall follow relevant national provisions in establishing and completing advertising businesses registration, and archive management systems.
Article 36: Advertising agents and advertising publishers shall disclose their standards and methods of fee collection.
Article 37: 广告发布者向广告主、广告经营者提供的覆盖率、收视率、点击率、发行量等资料应当真实。
Article 38: 法律、行政法规规定禁止生产、销售的商品或者提供的服务，以及禁止发布广告的商品或者服务，任何单位或者个人不得设计、制作、发布广告。
Article 39: 广告荐证者在广告中对商品、服务作推荐、证明，应当依据事实，并符合本法和有关法律、行政法规规定。
Article 40: 不得在中小学校、幼儿园内开展广告活动，不得利用中小学生、幼儿的教科书、教辅材料、练习册、校服、校车等发布广告。
Article 41: 有下列情形之一的，不得设置户外广告：
(2) impacting the use of municipal government public facilities, traffic safety facilities or traffic signage;
(3) It Obstructs production or the people's livelihoods, damaging the appearance or atmosphere of the city;
(4) it is within the controlled constuction area of a state organ or cultural preservation unit or historical or scenic location
Article 42: 户外广告的设置规划和管理办法，由县级以上地方人民政府组织工商行政管理、城乡规划、城市建设、环境保护、公安、交通运输等有关部门制定。
Article 43: 任何单位或者个人未经当事人同意或者请求，或者当事人明确表示拒绝的，不得向其住宅、交通工具、固定电话、移动电话或者个人电子邮箱等发送广告。
Article 44: 公共场所的管理者或者电信业务经营者、互联网信息服务提供者对其明知或者应知的利用其场所或者信息传输平台发布违法广告的，应当予以制止。
Chapter IV: Oversight and Management
Article 45: 发布药品、医疗器械、农药、兽药等商品、服务的广告和法律、行政法规规定应当进行审查的其他广告，应当在发布前依照有关法律、行政法规规定由有关部门（以下称广告审查机关）对广告内容进行审查。 未经审查，不得发布。
Article 46: 广告主申请广告审查，应当依照法律、行政法规向广告审查机关提交有关证明文件。
Article 47: 任何单位或者个人不得伪造、变造或者转让广告审查决定文件。
Article 48: 工商行政管理部门履行广告监督管理职责，可以行使下列职权：
(2) Questioning parties suspected of illegality, their legally-designated representatives or principle responsible person, and their relevant personnel; conducting investigations of relevant units or individuals.
(3) Requesting that parties suspected of illegality provide relevant supporting documents by a set time;
(4) Read and reproduce contracts, receipts, accounting books, advertisements and other materials related to the suspected illegal advertising.
(6) Ordering suspension of publication for suspected illegal advertising that might cause serious consequences;
(7) Other powers provided by law or administrative regulations.
Article 49: 国务院工商行政管理部门会同国务院新闻出版广电、电信主管等部门，制定利用广播、电影、电视、报纸、期刊、移动通信网络、互联网等大众传播媒介发布广告的行为规范。
Article 50: 工商行政管理部门依照本法规定行使职权，当事人应当协助、配合，不得拒绝、阻挠。
Article 51: 国务院工商行政管理部门应当建立广告监督管理信息系统，将广告主、广告经营者、广告发布者、广告荐证者的违法广告行为记入信用档案，并依照有关法律、行政法规规定予以公示。
Article 52: 工商行政管理部门和有关部门及其工作人员对其在广告监督管理活动中知悉的商业秘密负有保密义务。
Article 53: 任何单位或者个人有权向工商行政管理部门和有关部门投诉、举报违反本法的行为。 工商行政管理部门应当向社会公开受理投诉、举报的电话、信箱或者电子邮件地址，接到投诉、举报应当依法作出处理，并将处理结果及时告知投诉、举报人。
Chapter V: Legal Responsibility
Article 54: 违反本法规定，有下列行为之一的，由工商行政管理部门责令停止发布广告，责令广告主或者负有责任的广告经营者、广告发布者在相应范围内消除影响，没收广告费用，并处广告费用3倍以上5倍以下的罚款，广告费用无法计算的，处20万元以上100万元以下的罚款：
（1）publishing false advertisements；
Article 55: 违反本法规定，有下列行为之一的，由工商行政管理部门责令停止发布广告，没收广告费用，并处广告费用1倍以上3倍以下的罚款，广告费用无法计算的，处10万元以上20万元以下的罚款；情节严重的，并处广告费用3倍以上5倍以下的罚款，依法停止其广告业务，由有关许可部门吊销许可证件，直至吊销营业执照，广告费用无法计算的，处20万元以上100万元以下的罚款：
Article 56: 违反本法第二十九条规定，广播电台、电视台、报刊出版单位未办理广告发布登记，擅自从事广告发布业务的，由工商行政管理部门责令改正，没收违法所得，违法所得1万元以上的，并处违法所得1倍以上3倍以下的罚款；违法所得不足1万元的，并处5000元以上3万元以下的罚款。
Article 57: 广告经营者、广告发布者违反本法第三十五条、第三十六条规定的，由工商行政管理部门责令改正，可以处5万元以下的罚款；情节严重的，处5万元以上10万元以下的罚款。
Article 58: 违反本法规定，广告荐证者明知或者应知广告虚假仍在广告中对商品、服务作推荐、证明的，由工商行政管理部门没收违法所得，并处违法所得1倍以上2倍以下的罚款；损害消费者合法权益的，依法承担连带责任。
Article 59: 违反本法第四十三条规定，向住宅、交通工具、固定电话、移动电话或者个人电子邮箱等发送广告的，由有关部门依照相关法律、行政法规规定查处。
Article 60: 违反本法第四十四条规定，公共场所的管理者和电信业务经营者、互联网信息服务提供者，明知或者应知广告活动违法不予制止的，由工商行政管理部门没收违法所得，违法所得5万元以上的，并处违法所得1倍以上3倍以下的罚款，违法所得不足5万元的，并处1万元以上5万元以下的罚款；情节严重的，由有关部门依法停止相关业务。
Article 61: 违反本法规定，隐瞒真实情况或者提供虚假材料申请广告审查的，广告审查机关不予受理或者不予颁发广告批准文号，予以警告，1年内不受理该申请人的该商品或者服务的广告审查申请；以欺骗、贿赂等不正当手段取得广告批准文号的，广告审查机关撤销广告批准文号，处10万元以上20万元以下的罚款，3年内不受理该申请人的该商品或者服务的广告审查申请。
Article 62: 违反本法规定，伪造、变造或者转让广告审查决定文件的，由工商行政管理部门没收违法所得，并处1万元以上10万元以下的罚款。
Article 63: 违反本法规定，拒绝、阻挠工商行政管理部门监督检查的，由工商行政管理部门责令改正，对个人可以处2万元以下的罚款，对单位可以处10万元以下的罚款。
Article 64: 广播电台、电视台、报刊出版单位违反本法规定，发布违法广告，工商行政管理部门作出行政处罚决定的，应当通报新闻出版广电部门；情节严重的，新闻出版广电部门应当停止媒体的相关业务，对负有责任的领导人员和直接责任人员依法给予处分。
Article 65: 违反本法规定，发布虚假广告，欺骗、误导消费者，使购买商品或者接受服务的消费者的合法权益受到损害的，由广告主依法承担民事责任；广告经营者、广告发布者明知或者应知广告虚假仍设计、制作、发布的，应当依法承担连带责任。
Advertising agents and advertising publishers that cannot provide the real name and address of an advertiser shall bear full civil liability.
Article 66:In any of the following circumstances where advertisers, advertising agents or advertising publishers violate provisions of this law, they bear civil liability in accordance with law
(1) harming the physical or psychological well-being of minors or disabled persons in an advertisement;
(2) Counterfeit others' patents;
(3) belittling other manufacturers and their merchandise or services;
(4) Advertisements using the name or image of others without their consent;
(5) Other infringements on the lawful civil rights and interests of others.
Article 67: 工商行政管理部门及其工作人员应当严格按照本法规定的处罚种类和幅度，根据违法行为的性质和具体情节行使行政处罚权，具体办法由国务院工商行政管理部门规定。
Article 68: 实施本法第五十四条、第五十五条规定的行政处罚，对广告费用明显偏低的，由工商行政管理部门根据广告发布者公布的收费标准确定广告费用。
Article 69: 因违反本法规定被吊销营业执照的公司、企业的法定代表人，对违法行为负有个人责任的，自该公司、企业被吊销营业执照之日起3年内不得担任公司、企业的董事、监事、高级管理人员。
Article 70:Where provisions of this Law are violated, constituting a violation of the administration of public security, public security administrative sanctions are given in accordance with law; where a crime is constituted, criminal responsibility is pursued in accordance with law.
Article 71: 广告审查机关对违法的广告内容作出审查批准决定的，对负有责任的领导人员和直接责任人员，由任免机关、监察机关依法给予处分。
Article 72: 工商行政管理部门和广告审查机关的工作人员玩忽职守、滥用职权、徇私舞弊的，依法给予处分。
Chapter VI: Supplementary Provisions
Article 73: 非商业广告的管理参照本法有关规定执行。
The nation encourages and supports the development of public interest advertisement activities, and advertisement publishers have a duty to publish or broadcast public interest advertisements, broadcast core socialist values, and advocate civility. 有关单位和个人应当遵守国家公益广告规定，承担公益广告刊播职责。公益广告的管理办法，由国务院工商行政管理部门会同有关部门制定。
Article 74: 本法自 年 月 日起施行。