[Source]http://www.cm3721.com/m/view.php?aid=29171 [See also]
The rapid development of artificial intelligence technology has brought more possibilities to Internet industry. Especially in the field of content creation, generative artificial intelligence technology has lowered the threshold for creation, enriched the Internet content ecology, and brought new changes and opportunities in information production and dissemination. But at the same time, the content generated by artificial intelligence is difficult to identify, and it also brings problems such as false information and infringement. Douyin has proposed eleven platform norms and industry initiatives, with reference to laws and regulations such as the "Provisions on the Administration of Deep Synthesis Internet Information Services".
Douyin is committed to allowing everyone to see and connect to the larger world, encouraging expression, communication, and recording, stimulating creativity, enriching people's spiritual world, and making real life better. In order to make the application of generative artificial intelligence technology in Douyin better meet these goals, our philosophy is as follows:
1. Douyin is people-oriented, and creation assisted by new technologies should respect and fully protect individual rights and interests.
2. Douyin encourages the creation of exceptional content and prohibits the publication of illegal content, regardless of whether the new technologies were employed to assist the creation of that content.
3. Douyin insists on truth and goodness, and the production and dissemination of false information should be avoided in new-technology-assisted creation.
We require creators, hosts, users, merchants, advertisers, and other participants in the platform ecology to follow the following rules when using generative artificial intelligence technology on Douyin:
4. Publishers should prominently label AI-generated content to help other users distinguish between the virtual and the real, especially in confusing scenarios.
5. Publishers are responsible for the consequences corresponding to artificial intelligence-generated content, no matter how the content is generated.
6. Virtual persons need to register on the platform, and real-name authentication is required for those using virtual person technology.
7. The use of generative artificial intelligence technology to create and publish infringing content is prohibited, including but not limited to [infringement of] likeness rights and intellectual property rights. When [such content] is found, the platform will give strict punishments.
8. It is prohibited to use generative artificial intelligence technology to create or publish content that is contrary to common scientific knowledge, deceptive, or that fabricates or spreads rumors. When [such content] is found, the platform will give strict punishments.
The platform will also conduct management of problems deriving from artificial intelligence-generated content, and, at the same time, provide the following technical capabilities to fully protect the users' rights and interests:
9. The platform will provide uniform capabilities for labeling artificial intelligence-generated content to help creators add labels and make [such content] easy for users to distinguish.
10. The platform will provide the capability to register virtual persons and protect the likeness of registered virtual persons.
11. The platform will provide channels for user feedback to facilitate user reporting of generated content that violates rules.
We feel that artificial intelligence technology is both an opportunity and a challenge for the entire Internet industry, and we therefore propose:
All providers of generative artificial intelligence technologies should clearly label the generated content to facilitate public judgment. At the same time, uniform artificial intelligence content generation data standards or metadata standards should be used, to facilitate identification by other content platforms.
1. What does AI-generated content mean?
It refers to content such as videos, images, and text that is automatically generated using generative artificial intelligence technology. These Norms focus on videos, pictures, and derivative virtual human live broadcasts generated by artificial intelligence.
2. Does the use of artificial intelligence technology to assist in creation violate the platform norms?
The use of artificial intelligence to assist in creation is permitted conduct and does not, by itself, violate platform norms. However, using it to generate and publish false or infringing content will violate platform norms.
3. Will AI-generated content get better traffic?
Using artificial intelligence technology to assist in creation does not have any special traffic advantages at all as compared to other creation methods. We focus more on the quality of the content itself; if you think that using this technology is conducive to achieving that, then you can consider using it to assist in creation. On the contrary, simply using its advantage of being low-cost to generate low-quality content is not advocated by the platform.
4. What should I do if my personal work or image is used for artificial intelligence generation?
The use of artificial intelligence technology to infringe on the rights and interests of users is the key focus of our governance. We provide users with a dedicated feedback portal for infringement, so that feedback may be sent to the platform to be addressed at any time.
5. Does the platform allow the use of virtual human technology?
The platform allows the appropriate use of virtual human technology, but the norms must be followed.
To use a virtual person for live broadcasting, or to create an account based on a virtual person, you must register the corresponding virtual person image on the platform. The real-person user behind the virtual person must conduct real-name registration and authentication. When using a registered avatar for live broadcasts, real-time interaction must be driven by a real person, and completely AI-driven interaction is not allowed.