Promulgation Date: 2022-4-12 Title: Notice on Strengthening Management of the Live Streaming of Games on Online Audio-Visual Program Platforms Document Number:网函〔2022〕27号 Expiration date: Promulgating Entities:State Administration of Radio and Television, Publications Bureau of the Publicity Department of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China Source of text: http://www.nrta.gov.cn/art/2022/4/15/art_113_60105.html
To the Press and Publication Bureaus and Radio and Television Bureau for Beijing, Shanghai, Guangdong, and Hubei provinces (and cities):
For some time now, issues such as the disorder in livestreaming and youths' addiction to gaming have elicited broad social concern, and there is a need to employ effective measures to strictly regulate them in accordance with law. On the basis of the Law on the Protection of Minors and regulations on the management of livestreaming and online games, notice on related efforts is hereby given as follows:
1. The livestreaming of illegal games on online audiovisual platforms is strictly prohibited. Online games that have not been approved by the competent departments must not be livestreamed by any type of audio-visual programs, such as online film and television shows, online variety shows, or short videos, and traffic must not be drawn to the illegal gaming content of any platform using forms such as livestreaming rooms.
2. Strengthen the broadcast management of the content of livestreamed games. Online livestreaming platforms, especially platforms livestreaming games, should take strict control in areas such as content setup, publicity, and interactivity; strengthen the management of livestreamed gaming programs; effectively ensuring their orientation, content, and publicity; establishing and completing managements systems for livestreamed gaming programs' publication of information, comments and discussion sections, emergency response, and so forth; and improve mechanisms for monitoring programs and public opinion.
3. Strengthen guidance on behavioral norms for game streamers. All platforms should guide streamers and users to interact civilly, express themselves rationally, and spend reasonably; to jointly maintain a civil and healthy online audiovisual ecology. Online streamers should uphold healthy styles and taste, conscientiously abandoning coarse, vulgar, and pandering lowest-common-denominator interests; consciously opposing traffic worship, abnormal aesthetics, disordered fandom, money worship, and other negative phenomena; and conscientiously rejecting conduct that harms online civility, contrary to online ethics, and harmful to online harmony.
4. It is strictly forbidden for persons who break the laws or violate ethics to speak or appear through livestreaming. Online livestreaming platforms should strictly control the selection of streamers and guests, persisting in making political literacy, moral character, artistic standards, and social appraisal the standards for selections. Resolutely reject immoral persons who do not follow accepted rules whose political stances are incorrect, who violate laws or regulations, and who go against good social customs.
5. Urge online livestreaming platforms to establish and implement mechanisms for the protection of minors. Urge and oversee livestreaming game platforms and online platforms that carry out livestreaming of games in establishing mechanisms for preventing minors' addiction to the internet and employing effective tactics to ensure the practical efficacy of 'youth modes'; implement the requirements of the real-name system, prohibit minors from adding money to tipping wallets, and establish channels for handling repayments of tips made by minors.
6. Strictly implement the classified reporting system. The launch, broadcast, and layout of game livestreaming programs should be reported to the administrative departments for the management of radio and television in accordance with the relevant requirements for live programs. Online audio-visual platforms (including all foreign or domestic, individual or institutional accounts setup on related platforms) livestreaming foreign game programs or contests must be approved before carrying out any related activities.
All provincial bureaus are requested to oversee and guide key audiovisual platforms and related gaming enterprises in their jurisdictions, focus on prominent issues, refine management measures, strengthen joint management and governance, and effectively implement the relevant requirements.
State Administration of Radio and Television Division for the Management of Online Audio-Visual Programs, Publications Bureau of the Publicity Department of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China
Be First to Comment