773 total views, 3 views today
Beijing Municipal National Security Bureau Notice of Implementation of the "Measures on Rewards for Citizens Reporting Leads on Espionage Conduct"
The Beijing Municipal National Security Bureau has drafted these "Measures on Incentives for Citizens Reporting Leads on Espionage Conduct" on the basis of the "Counter-espionage Law of the People's Republic of China"; which are hereby released to be implemented upon release.
Notice is hereby given.
Beijing Municipal National Security Bureau
Article 1: These Measures are formulated on the basis of the "Counter-espionage Law of the People's Republic of China" to truly elevate the entire society's national security awareness, to further promote effective cooperation between national security professionals and the masses, and to give full play to the active role of citizens in reporting leads on espionage conduct.
Article 2: Espionage conduct as used in this law refers to the following conduct provided for in article 38 of the Counter-espionage Law:
(1) Activities that endanger the state security of the People's Republic of China that are carried out, prompted, or subsidized by a spy organization and its agents, or carried out by agencies, organs, individuals, or their collaborators domestically or outside the PRC borders;
(2) participating in an espionage organization or being tasked as an espionage organizations' agent;
(3) Activities carried out, instigated or funded by foreign institutions, organizations and individuals other than espionage organizations and their representatives; or in which domestic institutions, organizations or individuals collude to steal, pry into, purchase or illegally provide state secrets or intelligence; or in which state employees are incited, enticed or bought over to turn traitor.
(4) indicating targets for enemies;
(5) conducting other espionage activities.
Article 3: The Beijing Municipal National Security Bureau is uniformly responsible for the city's efforts to accept, evaluate, and reward leads on espionage conduct.
Article 4: Citizens discovering or learning of leads on espionage conduct may report them through the following means:
(1) Call the state security organs' informant hotline at "12339"
(2) Mail information to the state security organs at: (Beijing, Dongcheng District, #9 Qianmendong Avenue, Zip: 100740）；
(3) Directly reporting to the state security organs at (Beijing, Dongcheng District, #9 Qianmendong Avenue).
Article 5: Rewards are to be given for citizens' reporting leads on espionage conduct that are adopted by the Beijing Municipal National Security Bureau, on the basis of their use, efficacy, and so forth:
(1) 100,000 - 500,000 RMB rewards are given for leads that play an especially major role in preventing or stopping espionage conduct, or in breaking a case of espionage conduct; or that make especially outstanding contribution;
(2) 50,000 - 100,000 RMB rewards are given for leads that play a major role in preventing or stopping espionage conduct, or in breaking a case of espionage conduct;
(3) 10,000 - 50,000 RMB rewards are given for leads that play a larger role in preventing or stopping espionage conduct, or in breaking a case of espionage conduct;
The state security organs give rewards after the leads on espionage conduct reported by citizens have been verified.
Article 6: Where leads reported by citizens meet the standards for rewards, the Beijing Municipal National Security Bureau will notify the informant by telephone, public announcement, or other means, to collect the reward.
Article 7: Within 90 days of receiving a reward, the informant may collect in using their proof of identity or authorize others to collect it; where others are authorized to collect it, that person should carry their own proof of identity and that of the person retaining them, and a written authorization.
Article 8: Legal responsibility will be pursued for confirmed acts such as intentionally framing or falsely accusing others, fabricating or transmitting false information or reporting false situations, and intentionally harrassing in the name of making of report.
Article 9: Where due to reporting leads on espionage conduct, citizens or their close relatives face a threat to their physical safety, they may request protection from the state security organs. state security organs will adopt protective measures in accordance with law.
Article 10: Information on informants must not be disclosed, without the informants consent, during efforts such as verification, publicity, and giving rewards. Where informants information is leaked, pursue responsibility of the persons involved.
Article 11: The Beijing Municipal National Security Bureau is responsible for interpreting these Measures.
Article 12: These measures are to be implemented beginning on the date of their promulgation.