Title: Measures on the Administration of Law Firms Promulgating Entities:Ministry of Justice Reference number: 司法部令第142号 Promulgation Date: 2018-12-5 Expiration date: Source of text: http://www.moj.gov.cn/government_public/content/2018-12/13/gggs_44271.html 【Contents】
Ministry of Justice of the People's Republic of China Decree
Ministry of Justice Decision on Revising the "Measures on the Administration of Law Firms"
(Ministry of Justice order 142, published 2018.12.15)
It has been decided to make the following revisions to the "Measures on the Administration of Law Firms" (Ministry of Justice Order No. 133) on the basis of the "Party Constitution" and the Party center's decisions and deployments related to Party work in the legal profession, so as to thoroughly implement the spirit of Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era and the 19th Party Congress and its 2nd and 3rd plenary sessions, to adhere to and strengthen the Party's comprehensive leadership of the work of lawyers, to strengthen the establishment of Party organizations in law firms, and to give full play to the role of law firm's Party organizations as a citadel and the role of Party member lawyers as an exemplary vanguard:
I. Revise the first paragraph of Article 3 to read: Law firms shall adhere to guidance of Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, adhere to and strengthen the comprehensive leadership of the Party over the work of lawyers, persist in preserving the authority and uniform leadership of the Party with Comrade Xi Jinping as its core, make support for the Party's leadership and support for socialist rule of law basic requirements for the profession, and increase the conscientiousness and resoluteness with which lawyers as a group walk the path of socialist rule of law with Chinese characteristics. "
II. Revise Article 4 to read: Law firms shall strengthen Party establishment, giving full play to the role of Party organizations as citadels and Party member lawyers as an exemplary vanguard.
"Where law firms have 3 or more official Party members, they shall establish a Basic Party organization on the basis of the "Chinese Communist Party Constitution" and upon approval of a higher level Party organization, and have leadership transitions according to terms. Where law firms have less than three formal Party members, Party organizations shall carry out Party work through means such as jointly establishing Party organizations or having higher level Party organizations Party establishment guidance personnel, and promptly establishing a Basic Party organization when there is capacity.
"Law firms shall establish and improve Party organizations' participation in law firm's decision-making and management work mechanisms, to provide space, personnel, expenses, and other support for the Party organizations' carrying out activities. "
III. Add an item after article 16 item (10) to be item (11), to read, "The formal setup, position and function, duties and powers of Law firms' Party organizations, and participation in the firm's decision-making and management work mechanisms, measures for ensuring the Party establishment, and so forth. "
Change item (11) to be item (12).
IV. This Decision shall come into force on January 15, 2019.
The "Measures on the Administration of Law Firms" are to be revised on the basis of this decision and newly released.
Measures on the Administration of Law Firms
Article 1: These measures are formulated on the basis of the "Lawyers Law of the People's Republic of China" (Hereinafter "Lawyers Law") and other relevant laws and regulations, so as to standardize law firms establishment, and to strengthen oversight and management of law firms.
Article 2: Law firms are the practice institution for lawyers. Law Firms should be established in accordance with law and obtain practice licences.
The establishment and development of law firms shall be based on the needs of the national and local social-economic needs, to bring about a reasonable distribution and balanced development.
Article 3: Law firms shall adhere to guidance of Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, adhere to and strengthen the comprehensive leadership of the Party over the work of lawyers, persist in preserving the authority and uniform leadership of the Party with Comrade Xi Jinping as its core, make support for the Party's leadership and support for socialist rule of law basic requirements for the profession, and increase the conscientiousness and resoluteness with which lawyers as a group walk the path of socialist rule of law with Chinese characteristics.
Law firms shall lawfully carry out business activities, strengthen internal management and carry out oversight of lawyers practice conduct, taking on the corresponding legal liability in accordance with law.
Law firm's business activities must not be unlawfully interfered with by any organization or individual, and law firms' lawful rights and interests must not be encroached upon by any organization or individual.
Article 4: Law firms shall strengthen Party establishment, giving full play to the role of Party organizations as citadels and Party member lawyers as an exemplary vanguard.
Where law firms have 3 or more official Party members, they shall establish a Basic Party organization on the basis of the Chinese Communist Party Constitution and upon approval of a higher level Party organization, and have leadership transitions according to terms. Where law firms have less than three formal Party members, Party organizations shall carry out Party work through means such as jointly establishing Party organizations or having higher level Party organizations Party establishment guidance personnel, and promptly establishing a Basic Party organization when there is capacity.
Law firms shall establish and improve Party organizations' participation in law firm's decision-making and management operations mechanisms, to provide space, personnel, expenses, and other support for the Party organizations' carrying out activities.
Article 5: Judicial-administrative organs conduct oversight and guidance of law firms in accordance with the "Lawyers Law" and these Measures.
Lawyers associations implement industry self-regulation of law firms, in accordance with the "Lawyers Law", the Association charter, and industry standards.
Judicial-administrative organs and lawyers associations shall combine oversight and management duties, strengthening guidance on the Party's establishment in the legal industry.
Article 6: Judicial-administrative organs and lawyers associations shall establish and complete systems for commending and rewarding law firms, following relevant provisions to set up overall and specific commendation programs, commending and rewarding law firms that make an outstanding contribution to preserving the public's lawful rights and interests, to promoting economic and social development, and the establishment of rule of law.
Article 7: Law firms may be established by lawyer partners, individual lawyers, or through government funding.
Partnership law firms may be established as general partnerships or special general partnerships.
Article 8: Establishment of law firms shall meet the following basic requirements:
(1) Have there own name, residence and charter;
(2) Have lawyers complying with the 'Lawyers Law" and these Measures;
(3) The founders shall be lawyers with a definite amount of experience in practice and be able to be practice full time, and have not received a penalty suspending their practice in the 3 years preceding the application.
(4) Have assets in the amounts as required by these Measures.
Article 9: Applications to establish a regular partnership law firm, shall meet the following conditions, in addition to complying with the conditions specified in Article 8 of these regulations:
(1) there is a written partnership agreement;
(2) There are three or more partners as founders;
(3) The founders shall be lawyers with a definite amount of experience in practice and be able to be practice full time;
(4) Have assets of 300,000 or more RMB.
Article 10: Applications to establish a special general partnership law firm, shall meet the following conditions, in addition to complying with the conditions specified in Article 8 of these regulations:
(1) there is a written partnership agreement;
(2) There are two or more partners as founders;
(3) The founders shall be lawyers with a definite amount of experience in practice and be able to be practice full time;
(4) Have assets of 10,000,000 or more RMB.
Article 11: Applications to establish an individual law firm, shall meet the following conditions, in addition to complying with the conditions specified in Article 8 of these regulations:
(1) The founder shall possess 5 or more years practice experience and be able to practice as a lawyer full time;
(2) Have assets of 100,000 or more RMB.
Article 12: In addition to meeting the requirements of the general articles of the Lawyers Law, law firms established by government funding shall have at least 2 lawyers meeting the requirements of the Lawyers Law and able to practice full time.
Where it is necessary for the gorvernment to give funding to establish a law firm, the local judicial-administrative organs at the country level are to make preparations, and before applying for establishment permits, the relevant departments of the local people's government at the County Level are to review and make deployments, and provide necessary funding assurances.
Article 13: As necessary on the basis of the area's economic and social development and for the development of the legal profession, provincial, autonomous region, or directly governed municipality judicial-administrative organs may appropriately adjust amount of assets provided in these measures for the establishment of a general partnership, special general partnership, or personal law firm, and implement this after approval from the Ministry of Justice.
Article 14: In the establishment of law firms, the name applied for shall comply with the relevant Ministry of Justice provisions on the management of law firm names, and shall be subject to a name search in accordance with provisions prior to approval of the application for establishment.
Article 15: The selection of responsible parties for law firms shall be submitted for approval to the reviewing organs together with the application for establishment permits.
The responsible party for partnership law fimrs shall be selected from among all the partners of that firm; and the responsible party for government funded law firms is to be selected from among the firm's lawyers upon the consent of a judicial-administrative organ at the county level.
The founders of personal law firms are the responsible party for that law firm.
Article 16: Law firm charters shall include the following content:
(1) the firm's name and domicile;
(2) the purpose of the law firm;
(3) the law firm's organizational structure;
(4) the amount and sources of assets for establishment;
(5) the duties of the responsible parties for the law firm, as well as the means of selecting and changing them;
(6) The set up and duties of the law firm's decision-making and management bodies;
(7) The rights and obligations of the firm's lawyers;
(8) The primary management systems for the law firm related to operations, fees, finance, distribution, and so forth;
(9) The grounds and procedures for dissolving the law firm, as well as methods for its liquidation;
(10) Procedures for interpreting or revising the law firm's charter;
(11) The formal setup, position and function, duties and powers of Law firms' Party organizations, and Party organizations participation in the firm's decision-making and management operations mechanisms, measures for ensuring the Party establishment, and so forth;
(12) Other matters that need to be indicated.
Where establishing a partnership law firm, its charter shall also indicate the names of the partners, the amount they contributed, and the method of contribution.
The content of law firm charters must not contradict relevant laws, regulations, or rules.
Law firm charters are effective from the date on which the provincial, autonomous region, or directly governed municipality judicial-administrative organs make a decision to allow the establishment of the law firm.
Article 17: In Partnership Agreements, the following shall clearly be indicated:
(1) The Partners, including full names, residences, identification numbers, legal practice experience, and so forth;
(2) The amount and method of partners' contributions;
(3) the rights and obligations of the partners;
(4) the duties of the parties responsible for the partnership law firm, as well as the means of selecting and changing them;
(5) The duties, rules of procedure, and so forth for the partnership committee;
(10) Other matters that need to be indicated.
Article 18: Initial review of permissions to establish law firms is performed by the judicial-administrative organs of districts of districted cities or directly governed municipalities (counties) that receive the application for establishment, and they are then reported for review to the judicial-administrative organs of provinces, autonomous regions, or directly governed municipalities which will make a decision on whether to approve the establishment.
Article 19: Applications to establish law firms shall submit the following materials to the judicial-administrative organs of districts of districted cities or directly governed municipalities (counties):
(1) the written application for establishment;
(2) the law firm name and charter;
(3) The list of founders, their resumes, proofs of identification, Lawyers' practice certificates, and selections for the law firm's responsible parties;
(4) Proof of domicile;
(5) Proof of Assets.
The partnership agreement shall also be provided where establishing a partnership law firm.
Where establishing government funded firms, the instructions from the relevant departments of the local people's government at the County Level to make deployments, and provide necessary funding assurances shall also be submitted.
When applying for approval of establishment, the applicant shall truthfully complete the "Law firm establishment Application Registration Form".
Article 20: The judicial-administrative organs of districts of districted cities or directly governed municipalities (counties) shall handle the applications to establish a law firm differently based on the following distinct circumstances:
(1) Where the application materials are complete and comply with the format prescribed by law, they shall be accepted;
(2) Where the application materials are not complete or not in the format prescribed by law, the applicant shall be informed one time, either at the scene or within 5 days of receiving the application materials, that they need to supplement and correct all of the materials. Where the applicant requests to supplement and correct the materials, they should be accepted, where information was not given in time, they are to be considered accepted on the date that application materials are received;
(3) Where application items clearly do not meet the legally prescribed requirements or the the applicant refuses to supplement and correct them or is unable to supplement, they are not to be accepted and the reasons are to be explained to the applicant in writing.
Article 21: Judicial-administrative organs accepting applications shall complete their review of application materials within 20 days of their decision to accept them.
During the review process, the opinions of the County Level judicial-administrative organs for the area where the lawfirm is to be established may be solicited; where relevant circumstances must be investigated and verified, the applicant may be requested to provide relevant proofs and the County Level judicial-administrative organs may also be entrusted to conduct the verification.
Upon review, they shall issue a review opinion on whether the law firm application meets the legally prescribed requirements and whether the materials are true and complete, and send the review opinion and all application materials to the judicial-administrative organ of the province, autonomous region, or directly governed municipality.
Article 22: Provincial, autonomous region, or directly-governed municipality judicial-administrative organs shall review and verify the review opinion and complete application materials sent by provincial, autonomous region, or directly governed municipality judicial-administrative organs within 10 days of their receipt, and make a decision whether to approve establishment of a law firm.
Where establishment is approved, the applicant shall be issued a law firm establishment certificate within 10 days of the decision.
Where establishment is not approved, the reasons shall be explained to the applicant in writing.
Article 23: Law firms practice permits are classified as originals and copies. The original is to be hung in a public place in the offices, and copies are to be used for inspections. The original and copies have the same legal validity.
The Ministry of Justice is to determine the specifications for the content and production of law firms practice certificates, and the methods for their numbering system. Practice permits are to be uniformly produced by the Ministry of Justice.
Article 24: 律师事务所设立申请人应当在领取执业许可证后的六十日内，按照有关规定刻制印章、开立银行账户、办理税务登记，完成律师事务所开业的各项准备工作，并将刻制的律师事务所公章、财务章印模和开立的银行账户报所在地设区的市级或者直辖市的区（县）司法行政机关备案。
Article 25: In any of the following circumstances, the provincial, autonomous region, or directly governed municipality judicial-administrative organ that made a decision to approve a law firm's establishment, is to revoke the original decision to approve the establishment by a provincial, autonomous region, or directly governed municipality judicial-administrative organ, and recall and deregister the law firm's practice certificates:
(1) The applicant obtained the establishment approval decision through fraud, bribery, or other improper means;
(2) Where an application that did meet the legally prescribed requirements was approved, or an approval of establishment approval decision was made in violation of the legally prescribed procedures.
Article 26: 律师事务所变更名称、负责人、章程、合伙协议的，应当经所在地设区的市级或者直辖市的区（县）司法行政机关审查后报原审核机关批准。 具体办法按律师事务所设立许可程序办理。
Article 27: 律师事务所跨县、不设区的市、市辖区变更住所，需要相应变更负责对其实施日常监督管理的司法行政机关的，应当在办理备案手续后，由其所在地设区的市级司法行政机关或者直辖市司法行政机关将有关变更情况通知律师事务所迁入地的县级司法行政机关。
Article 28: 律师事务所变更合伙人，包括吸收新合伙人、合伙人退伙、合伙人因法定事由或者经合伙人会议决议被除名。
Article 29: 律师事务所变更组织形式的，应当在自行依法处理好业务衔接、人员安排、资产处置、债务承担等事务并对章程、合伙协议作出相应修改后，方可按照本办法第二十六条第一款的规定申请变更。
Article 30: 律师事务所因分立、合并，需要对原律师事务所进行变更或者注销原律师事务所、设立新的律师事务所的，应当在自行依法处理好相关律师事务所的业务衔接、人员安排、资产处置、债务承担等事务后，提交分立协议或者合并协议等申请材料，按照本办法的相关规定办理。
Article 31: In any of the following situations, law firms shall be terminated:
(4) other circumstances where laws or administrative regulations provide they shall be terminated.
Article 32: 律师事务所在终止事由发生后，不得受理新的业务。
Article 33: 成立三年以上并具有二十名以上执业律师的合伙律师事务所，根据业务发展需要，可以在本所所在地的市、县以外的地方设立分所。 设在直辖市、设区的市的合伙律师事务所也可以在本所所在城区以外的区、县设立分所。
Article 35: 律师事务所申请设立分所，应当提交下列材料：
Article 36: 律师事务所申请设立分所，由拟设立分所所在地设区的市级或者直辖市区（县）司法行政机关受理并进行初审，报省、自治区、直辖市司法行政机关审核，决定是否准予设立分所。 具体程序按照本办法第二十条、第二十一条、第二十二条的规定办理。
Article 37: 分所律师除由律师事务所派驻外，可以依照《律师执业管理办法》的规定面向社会聘用律师。
Article 38: 律师事务所决定变更分所负责人的，应当经分所所在地设区的市级或者直辖市区（县）司法行政机关报分所设立许可机关批准；变更派驻分所律师的，参照《律师执业管理办法》有关律师变更执业机构的规定办理。
Article 39: In any of the following situations, the branch is to be terminated:
Article 40: Law firms shall establish and complete systems for practice management and each item of internal management, to regulate the practice conduct of the firm's lawyers, perform oversight duties, regulate the firm's lawyers compliance with laws, regulations, rules, and industry norms, to oversee compliance with professional ethics and practice discipline, and promptly make corrections when discovering problems;
Article 41: 律师事务所应当保障本所律师和辅助人员享有下列权利：
Article 42: 律师事务所应当监督本所律师和辅助人员履行下列义务：
Article 43: 律师事务所应当建立违规律师辞退和除名制度，对违法违规执业、违反本所章程及管理制度或者年度考核不称职的律师，可以将其辞退或者经合伙人会议通过将其除名，有关处理结果报所在地县级司法行政机关和律师协会备案。
Article 44: 律师事务所应当在法定业务范围内开展业务活动，不得以独资、与他人合资或者委托持股方式兴办企业，并委派律师担任企业法定代表人、总经理职务，不得从事与法律服务无关的其他经营性活动。
Article 45: 律师事务所应当与其他律师事务所公平竞争，不得以诋毁其他律师事务所、律师或者支付介绍费等不正当手段承揽业务。
Article 46: Where lawyers take on business, law firms are to uniformly accept the representation and sign a retention contract with the client.
Article 47: 律师事务所应当按照有关规定统一收取服务费用并如实入账，建立健全收费管理制度，及时查处有关违规收费的举报和投诉，不得在实行政府指导价的业务领域违反规定标准收取费用，或者违反风险代理管理规定收取费用。
Article 48: 律师事务所应当依法履行法律援助义务，及时安排本所律师承办法律援助案件，为办理法律援助案件提供条件和便利，无正当理由不得拒绝接受法律援助机构指派的法律援助案件。
Article 49: 律师事务所应当建立健全重大疑难案件的请示报告、集体研究和检查督导制度，规范受理程序，指导监督律师依法办理重大疑难案件。
Article 50: 律师事务所应当依法履行管理职责，教育管理本所律师依法、规范承办业务，加强对本所律师执业活动的监督管理，不得放任、纵容本所律师有下列行为：
(1) Using instigation, incitement, or organizing of parties or other persons to go to judicial organs or other relevant State organs for sit-ins, raising protest signs, unfurling banners, shouting slogans, vocalizing support, looking on, or other methods that disrupt public order and endanger public safety, gathering crowds to make a disturbance, to create an impact and pressure relevant departments;
(2) Conduct distorting or misleading publicity and commentary on cases that they or other lawyers are currently handling, maliciously stirring up the case;
(3) Using methods such as aligning groups, collecting signatures, publishing open letters, organizing online gatherings or support, or, in the name of individual case discussion, creating pressure from public opinion, or attacking or disparaging judicial organs and the justice system;
(4) Without legitimate reason, refusing to follow a people's court's notification to appear in court and participate in proceedings, or violating rules of court to leave the courtroom of one's own volition;
(5) Gathering crowds to make a ruckus or charge the courtroom; insulting, defaming, threatening, or hitting judicial personnel or litigation participants; denying the State's characterization of a designated cult organization; or other conduct that seriously disrupts courtroom order;
(6) Disseminating speech denying the fundamental political system and basic principles established by the Constitution, or endanger national security; must not exploit the networks and media to provoke disatisfaction with the Party and government, provoke the establishment or participation in groups endanger national security, or support, participation, or carrying out of activities that endanger national security; or distorting the truth in ways that clearly go against good social custom to express speech that maliciously defames others or to express speech that seriously disrupts courtroom order.
Article 51: 合伙律师事务所和国家出资设立的律师事务所应当按照规定为聘用的律师和辅助人员办理失业、养老、医疗等社会保险。
Article 52: 律师事务所应当按照规定，建立执业风险、事业发展、社会保障等基金。
Article 53: 律师违法执业或者因过错给当事人造成损失的，由其所在的律师事务所承担赔偿责任。 律师事务所赔偿后，可以向有故意或者重大过失行为的律师追偿。
普通合伙律师事务所的合伙人对律师事务所的债务承担无限连带责任。 特殊的普通合伙律师事务所一个合伙人或者数个合伙人在执业活动中因故意或者重大过失造成律师事务所债务的，应当承担无限责任或者无限连带责任，其他合伙人以其在律师事务所中的财产份额为限承担责任；合伙人在执业活动中非因故意或者重大过失造成的律师事务所债务，由全体合伙人承担无限连带责任。 个人律师事务所的设立人对律师事务所的债务承担无限责任。 国家出资设立的律师事务所以其全部资产对其债务承担责任。
Article 54: 律师事务所的负责人负责对律师事务所的业务活动和内部事务进行管理，对外代表律师事务所，依法承担对律师事务所违法行为的管理责任。
Article 55: 律师事务所应当加强对本所律师的职业道德和执业纪律教育，组织开展业务学习和经验交流活动，为律师参加业务培训和继续教育提供条件。
Article 56: 律师事务所应当建立律师表彰奖励制度，对依法、诚信、规范执业表现突出的律师予以表彰奖励。
Article 57: 律师事务所应当建立投诉查处制度，及时查处、纠正本所律师在执业活动中的违法违规行为，调处在执业中与委托人之间的纠纷；认为需要对被投诉律师给予行政处罚或者行业惩戒的，应当及时向所在地县级司法行政机关或者律师协会报告。
Article 58: 律师事务所应当建立律师执业年度考核制度，按照规定对本所律师的执业表现和遵守职业道德、执业纪律的情况进行考核，评定等次，实施奖惩，建立律师执业档案和诚信档案。
Article 59: 律师事务所应当于每年的一季度经所在地县级司法行政机关向设区的市级司法行政机关提交上一年度本所执业情况报告和律师执业考核结果，直辖市的律师事务所的执业情况报告和律师执业考核结果直接向所在地区（县）司法行政机关提交，接受司法行政机关的年度检查考核。 具体年度检查考核办法，由司法部规定。
Article 60: 律师事务所应当按照规定建立健全档案管理制度，对所承办业务的案卷和有关资料及时立卷归档，妥善保管。
Article 61: 律师事务所应当通过本所网站等，公开本所律师和辅助人员的基本信息和奖惩情况。
Article 62: 律师事务所应当妥善保管、依法使用本所执业许可证，不得变造、出借、出租。 Where they are lost or damaged, this shall be promptly reported to the County Level judicial-administrative organs, and replaced or reissued upon the application of the judicial-administrative organs for a district of a districted city or a directly governed municipality (county) to the organ that originally verified it. 律师事务所执业许可证遗失的，应当在当地报刊上刊登遗失声明。
Article 63: 律师事务所应当加强对分所执业和管理活动的监督，履行下列管理职责：
Chapter VII: Judicial-administrative organs' oversight and management
Article 64: 县级司法行政机关对本行政区域内的律师事务所的执业活动进行日常监督管理，履行下列职责：
Article 65: 设区的市级司法行政机关履行下列监督管理职责：
(8) Other approaches stipulated by laws, regulations, and rules.
Judicial-administrative organs of districts (counties) of directly governed municipalities bear the relevant duties of the preceding paragraph.
Article 66: 省、自治区、直辖市司法行政机关履行下列监督管理职责：
(3) Oversee and guide the oversight and management efforts of judicial-administrative organs at the level below; and guide special oversight inspecitions of law firms and annual performance evaluation inspections;
(5) Carry out punishments of cancellation of law firms' practice licensces for serious unlawful conduct by lawyers; oversee the judicial-administrative organs at the level below's administrative punishment work, and handle administrative reconsiderations and appeals cases.
Article 67: Where law firms violate the relevant provisions of these Measures, follow the "Lawyers Law" and relevant provisions and rules to pursue legal responsibility.
Article 68: 律师事务所管理分所的情况，应当纳入司法行政机关对该所年度检查考核的内容；律师事务所对分所及其律师疏于管理、造成严重后果的，由该所所在地司法行政机关依法实施行政处罚。
Article 69: 跨省、自治区、直辖市设立分所的，分所所在地的省、自治区、直辖市司法行政机关应当将分所设立、变更、终止以及年度考核、行政处罚等情况及时抄送设立分所的律师事务所所在的省、自治区、直辖市司法行政机关。
Article 70: 各级司法行政机关及其工作人员对律师事务所实施监督管理，不得妨碍律师事务所依法执业，不得侵害律师事务所的合法权益，不得索取或者收受律师事务所及其律师的财物，不得谋取其他利益。
Article 71: Judicial-administrative organs shall strengthen stratified oversight of implementation of licenses and management activities, establishing systems for statistics, requests for instructions, reports, and oversight handling, in accordance with provisions.
Judicial-administrative organs responsible for implementing law firms' licenses, annual ispection and performance review of law firms, or awards and punishments, shall promptly report relevant license decisions, performance review conclusions, awards or punishments to the judicial-administrative organs at the level below and to the judicial-administrative organs at the level above.
Article 72: Judicial-administrative organs and lawyers associations shall establish information management systems for lawyers and law firms, and follow relevant provisions to publicly disclose basic information on law firms and their annual inspection and performance evaluation results, awards, and punishments.
Article 73: Judicial-administrative organs shall strengthen guidance and oversight of lawyers associations, supporting lawyers associations in following the "Lawyers Law", association charters, and industry regulations, to carry out industry discipline of law firms' practice activities, and establish and complete joint mechanisms for coordination and cooperation between administrative management and industry self-discipline.
Article 74: All levels of judicial-administrative organ shall periodically report statistics on the organizations, teams and operations of law firms, and the overall situation of annual management work in that administrative region, to the judicial-administrative organ at the level above.
Article 75: Where people's courts, people's procuratorates, public security organs, state security organs, or other relevant departments submit a punishment recommendation to judicial-administrative organs or lawyers associations on law firms conduct in violation of laws or regulations, the judicial-administrative organs or lawyers associations shall inform the organ making the recommendation within 7 days of making a decision on the disposition.
Article 76: Where personnel of judicial-administrative organs abuse their office, use their influence for personnel gain, or neglect their duties in approving law firms establishments and carrying out supervision activities, and it constitutes a crime, their criminal liability shall be pursued according to law; where it does not constitute a crime, they shall be given administrative sanctions in accordance with law.
Article 77: Management of military legal advisor offices is carried out in accordance with the relevant provisions of the State Council and Central Military Commission.
Article 78: These Measures take effect on November 1, 2016. Where rules and normative documents previously drafted by the Ministry of Justice on the management of law firms are inconsistent with these measures, these Measures are controlling.