139 total views, 1 views today
The Ministry of Health formulates this <Food Safety Incident Emergency Response Plan (Provisional> to implement the <Food Safety Law> and <National Food Safety Incident Emergency Response Plan> , and to effectively organize and carry out medical and sanitation efforts in food safety incidents.
Ministry of health food safety emergency response (provisional)
To establish a sound operational mechanism for the Ministry of Health in responding to food safety incidents, effectively organize and develop treatment and public health work in response to especially serious food safety incidents and to guarantee the public welfare and safety.
This plan is formulated on the basis of laws and regulations such as the "Emergency Response Law of the People's Republic of China "," Food Safety Law of the People's Republic of China " and " Implementation Ordinance of the Food Safety Law of the People's Republic of China" , and normative documents such as the "National Public Emergency Comprehensive Response Plan," and "National Food Safety Emergency Response Plan"
1.3 Scope of Application
This plan applies to the Ministry of Health in carrying out the "National Food Safety Emergency Response Plan "(hereinafter referred to as the "Plan ") provisions on emergency preparedness and response work for particularly serious food safety incidents, as well as guiding and supporting local health departments' emergency and response work for serious and lower level food safety incidents.
For foodborne Illnesses related to infectious diseases epidemics , epidemic prevention, control and emergency response are conducted in accordance the "Infectious Disease Prevention Law of the People's Republic of China ", the " National Public Health Emergencies Contingency Plans" and other relevant regulations.
1.4 Principles for Emergency Response
Follow the principles of "people-oriented harm reduction; unified leadership with hierarchic responsibility; scientific assessment with lawful disposition ; constant vigilance with the goal of prevention" to give full play to Ministry of Health's functions, and, to the greatest extent possible, minimize or reduce food safety accidents causing fatalities or harm to well-being.
2. Organizational Structure and Responsibilities
2.1 The Ministry of Health Leading Group on Particular Serious Food Safety Emergencies and its Responsibilities
When particularly major food safety incidents occur and the State Council approves the initiation of a level 1 emergency response and establishes a National Serious Food Safety Incident Emergency Response Command Unit (hereinafter referred to as 'Command;), at the request of Command and the actual needs of the work, the Ministry of Health will establish a Leading Group on Particularly Serious Food Safety Incident Response Work (herinafter "Leading Group"), to unify leadership and coordination of the national health system food safety response work. The leading group chair will be assumed by the Comrade with primary responsible , the deputy chair will be held by the comrade with secondary responsibility.
Member units of the Leading Group will be determined on the basis of the type and nature of the especially serious food safety incident and the response work needs, primarily including units such as the General Office of the Ministry of Health, Planning and Finance Division, Emergency Management Office, the disease control bureau, Department of Medical Affairs, Medical Administration, Oversight Council, and Science Education Division, and International Division, National Food and Drugs Supervisory Council's Food Safety Oversight Division, National Chinese Medicine Council Medical Administration Division, China CDC, Center for Food Risk Assessment, and Health Oversight Center, and Health Education Center (News Center),.
Main functions of the leading group are: participation in and direct the ministry's work, take the primary responsibility for the work of the medical treatment group and evaluation and assessment group; Coordinating with the State Council's Food Safety Office in successful completion of Command's related work; study and determine a treatment response plan for the particularly serious food safety incident; Organizing and coordinating work relating to the particularly serious food safety incident such as analysis of medical treatment, epidemiological survey, assessment and analysis..
2.2 Establishment and Responsibilities of the Leading Groups Working Groups
(1) Comprehensive Coordination Team. Led by the the Office of Emergency Response; members include the Office of Emergency Response, Oversight Bureau, General Office, Finance Division, Science and Education Division, International Department, China CDC, Food Safety Risk Assessment Center and Health Oversight Center. Responsible for comprehensive coordination of the Ministry of Health's handling of particularly serious food safety incidents, assuming command of detection, evaluation and assessment work, and facilitating Command's relevant work.
(2) Medical Assistance Team: Led by the Department of Medical Affairs, members include the Department of Medical Affairs, The Medical Administration and the National Chinese Medicine Bureau Office of Medical Affairs Division. Takes on the Specific Work of Command's medical assistance group, responsible for organizing and coordinating the carrying out of medical treatment work for a particularly serious food safety incident.
（3）Detection Analysis Team. Led by the Oversight Bureau; members include the Oversight Bureau, China CDC, and the Food Safety Risk Assessment Center. Responsible for organizing and carrying out detection and detection results analysis related to particularly serious food safety incidents, assumes command of the relevant work of the department's detection assessment group.
(4) Survey and Response Group: Led by the Supervisory Department, members include the supervisory department, and disease control department, the food safety supervisory division of the food and drug administration, The China Center for Disease Control, and the center for food risk analysis. Responsible for organizing and carrying out epidemiological surveys related to particularly serious food safety incidents and handling sanitation efforts at the site of the incident, coordinating the command group's incident survey group and harm control group to successfully complete their efforts.
(5) press advocacy group. Led by the general office, members include, the emergency Office, the supervisory office, China CDC, the food risk assessment center and health education center (news center), and the heatlh news participation. Responsible for the monitoring and assessment of public sentiment on the Ministry of Health's emergency response to particularly serious food safety incidents, risk communication and information release, as well as cooperating in directing the comand group's press advocacy group in performing their work.
Every working group of the leading small group also undertakes any relevant work assigned by the leader and deputy of the leading small group.
2.3 the Ministry of Health's Food Safety Emergency Experts Committee
2.4 Professional and Technical Emergency Response Organizations
3 Emergency Safeguards
3.1 Information Safeguards
3.2 Personnel and Technical Safeguards
3.3 Material and Financial Safeguards
3.4 Publicity and Outreach Training
4 Monitoring Early Warnings and Reporting
4.1 Monitoring Early Warnings
4.2 Reporting Incidents
5 Emergency Response
5.1 Initiation of emergency mechanisms
5.2 Levels of Response
5.3 Emergency Response Measure
5.4 Detection Analysis Assessment
5.5 Proposals for Level adjustment and Cessation of Emergency Response
6 Aftermath Response
Late or false reporting, or reporting with concealment or omissions, on important circumstance of a food safety incident or emergency response efforts as a result of malfeasance or dereliction of duty, will be pursued for liability in accordance with law.
7 Supplementary Provisions
7.1 Updating and Managing the plan
7.2 Exercises and Drills
7.3 Implementation of the Plan
This plan shall enter into force on the date of publication.