Notice of the General Office of the National Development and Reform Commission on the results of the 2017 third-party assessments of efforts to disclose administrative permits and administrative punishments and other credit information disclosure, and initiation of the 2018 assessment efforts.
To the Development and Reform Commission of each province, autonomous region, or directly governed municipality and of the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps, and to the to the Economics and Information Technology Commissions of Beijing and Jiangsu Province, and to the Industry and commerce bureau of Heilongjiang Province:
In 2017, our committee brought in credit service establishments to carry out third-party review of efforts to disclose administrative permits, administrative punishments, and other credit information online within 7 days of an administrative being made (hereinafter 'Double Disclosure' work) so as to implement the spirit of the "General Office the State Council's Several Opinions on Using Big Data to Strengthen Service and Oversight of Market Entities" (GuoBanFa (2015) No. 51) and other such documents, to thoroughly advance 'Double Disclosure' work, to promote full coverage of 'Double Disclosure' work in each area, with no omissions. The results of the 2017 assessment are hereby reported, and notice is given as follows on the initiation of the 2018 assessment efforts.
I. The Results of the 2017 Assessment of Disclosure of Credit Information such as Administrative Approvals and Administrative Punishment
In 2017, the Committee brought in 13 credit service establishments to conduct third-party assessments through on-line assessments and spot checks of the 'Double Disclosure' work of 31 regions and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps. After the assessment bodies submitted the assessment report, the Committee organized and convened an expert review meeting to verify the assessment report, and asked each region to confirm the contents and results of their respective assessment reports (see Attachment 1).
(1) Efficacy of the 2017 Assessment Efforts
1.The volume of 'Double Disclosure' data on the "Credit China" website has noticeably increased. According to statistics on the "Credit China" website, prior to the assessment effort, about 1.5 million pieces of 'Double Disclosure' information were updated each month. After the start of the assessment work, the amount of 'Double Disclosure' data collected in April 2017 was 5.22 million items, which exceeded the total amount collected in the first quarter of 2017; in May, the amount of 'Double Disclosure' data collected was 12.8 million items, which is more than half the total information sent up in 2016. At the start of 2017, the volume of 'Double Disclosure'" data collected was about 20 million items. As of May 2018, the number of data collected in "Double Disclosure" has exceeded 80 million, an increase of approximately 300%.
2. Local governments are placing more and more importance on "Double Disclosure' efforts. The primary leaders of some provincial level departments taking the lead in the establishment of a social credit system, and the primary leaders of municipality and county people's governments selected for spot checks, arranged for third party assessment efforts, appeared at spot-check selection ceremonies, convened mobilization conferences, and promoted local efforts to establish credit. The third-party assessment work has effectively increased the awareness of local governments, especially urban governments, about the 'Double Disclosure' work and the construction of the social credit system.
3. Local governments are continuously strengthening "Double Disclosure' efforts. The assessment bodies combine local realities, and problems and deficiencies in local “Double Disclosure” work discovered during the assessment process, and put forward targeted opinions and suggestions, to provide an important reference for each area in establishing and completing "Double Disclosures" work mechanisms. Each region is to refer to the assessment results and the opinions and suggestions to promptly improve and supplement weak links, so that the level of 'Double Disclosure' work continuously increases.
4. The credit service establishments' capacity for assessment work has been cultivated. The 13 establishments that participated in third party assessments of 'Double Disclosures' are to carry out assessments strictly in accordance with the assessment guide and operations norms, to increase the level of operational teams' assessment work. Share 'Double Disclosure' information with assessment bodies so as to provide data support for carrying out their credit services. Increasing credit service establishments' capacity for assessment work helps to cultivate them as credit service establishments with international influence.
(2) The main problems of each region in 'Double Disclosure' work.
Overall, every area has room for improvement in of 'Double Disclosure' work if to different degrees. Of these, the more prominent issues are as follows:
1. In some areas, the percentage of Double Disclosure information disclosed is quite low. Spot inspections have revealed that no 'Double Disclosure'information has been disclosed the Qinghai provincial land resources office platform, and the disclosure rate for the account of the Market Supervision Office of the Nanming District of Guiyang City in Guizhou Province is only about 0.31%; and in the Tibet Autonomous region, Xinjiang autonomous region, and Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps, administrative decisions were disclosed 7 days after being made at rates of 34.68%, 21.54% and 6.84% respectively.
2. In some areas there are not many units transferring 'Double Disclosure' information. In Tianjin, Heilongjiang Province, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Sichuan Province, Gansu Province, and Qinghai Province, the number of units that uploaded 'Double Disclosure' information was less than 20% of the total number of source units, and only one unit in Hunan Province uploaded “Dual Publicity” information.
3. The level of informatization of 'Double Disclosure' work in individual regions needs further improvement. In Henan Province, the Xuchang municipal Public Credit Information platform is in the constuction and trial phase, while the Public Credit Information platform of Jinguan city is already in use, but both of their connections with the provincial level platform are unstable. The Anhui provincial automatic 'Double Disclosure' information exchange model lacks emergency response measures and response plans, and in Fujian and Hunan Provinces, 'Double Disclosure' Information is updated only one week per month.
4. Individual areas' 'Double Disclosure' bulletin functions need improvement. The Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps 'Double Disclosure' bulletin has no disclosure information, the Ningxia Hui autonomous region's 'Double Disclosure' bulletin has no inquiry functions; and the Hebei Province's, Chongqing Municipality's, and Ningxia Hui autonomous region's special bulletins don't have times, and the standards for disclosures of 'Double Disclosure' in Hainan Province are not uniform, and there is no way to update already disclosed information.
5.Certain areas need to increase the data quality of 'Double Disclosure' information. The rate at which key data such as the 5 item codes is missing in the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Sichuan Province, Shanxi Province, Gansu Province, and the Inner Mongolia autonomous region is 78.96%, 23.41%, 22.05%, 15.45%, and 8.85% respectively.
6.Some areas 'double-disclosure' work has a frail foundation. Random sampling revealed that Qinghai Province's Haibei prefecture development and reform commission, prefecture human resources and Social security bureau, and prefecture Transportation Bureau have not sent 'Double Disclosure' catalogs.
II. Carrying out 2018's Assessment Work
(1) The period and scope of assessment
The 2018 third-party assessments of 'Double Disclosure' work are to be carried out once each quarter. The assessments are to cover each of the nations' 31 regions and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps. In accordance with the principle of rewarding those at the forefront, the top 8 ranking regions in the assessment results are not to be targets of the next assessment. Based on the 2017 assessment results, the 8 regions of Liaoning, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Henan, Hubei, Jilin, Beijing, and Yunnan will not participate in the assessments for the first quarter of 2018, and will participate again in the second quarter.
(2) Assessment bodies.
26 credit service establishments, including Xinhua Credit, were invited to participate in the third-party assessment of 'Double Disclosure' work for the first quarter of 2018, and in accordance with the principle of one establishment per region 24 establishments were selecte through spot inspections to participate in the 2018 first-quarter assessment work (attachment 2), with Dongfang Jincheng and Liangfu credit investigation serving as review bodies, responsible for overseeing each assessment bodies' assessment work.
(3) Assessment Methods.
This assessment will employ a combination of 'online assessment and on-site spot checks', carried out in accordance with the assessment guide and operations rules. 评估内容涉及“双公示”目录编制和公开情况，建立“双公示”专栏情况，累计数据量占比，季度上传数据覆盖范围，季度数据更新情况，季度数据质量等。 评估机构与省级社会信用体系建设牵头单位共同抽取被评估地方的3个市（区），每个市（区）各抽取1个部门作为被抽查对象。 评估机构的评估结果须经被评估地方的省级社会信用体系建设牵头单位确认。
评估工作严格遵守《“双公示”第三方评估廉政守则》（见附件3），全程接受各级地方政府部门及各类机构的监督。 建立对评估机构的考评机制，考评结果将作为综合信用服务机构试点评审以及行业信用建设评审的重要参考。 对考评分数较低的评估机构，将减少其后续参与评估工作的频率；考评不合格的评估机构，将不再邀请其参与评估工作。
General Office of the National Development and Reform Commission