In order to facilitate Chinese partner units filing temporary activities and to improve efficiency, we have put fillable forms online and provided for online completion of relevant materials; each time, before you go to the handling office you need to make an appointment on line to reduce the time that everyone needs to wait in line. Below is a detailed explanation of the process.
For foreign NGOs carrying out temporary activities, Chinese partner units need to log in to the "foreign NGO service platform" and file temporary activities for the record.
The following three methods can all be used to log in:
1. Access the website of any province's office for FNGO management to login;
2. Access the Ministry of Public Security's foreign NGO service platform (http://ngo.mps.gov.cn) to login;
3. Access the Ministry of Public Security's website (http://www.mps.gov.cn), and click on "foreign NGO work service platform" in the services section to log on.
Notification of temporary activities for filing:
1. Where Foreign NGOs that have not established a representative offices in mainland China carry out temporary activities within mainland China, they shall cooperate to do so with state organs, mass organizations, public institutions, or social organizations (hereinafter "Chinese Partner Units").
Where foreign NGOs carry out temporary activities, the Chinese partner unit shall follow national provisions to handle approval procedures, and complete online filing within 15 days before the activities are carried out. Where it is necessary to carry out temporary activities in disaster relief, rescue, or other emergency situations, the time for filing is not subject to the restrictions described above.
Step 1: Online sign-up:
After accessing the platform's registration page, please enter your mobile phone number, send a verification code, select a user role (select foreign nongovernmental organization if establishing and registering representative offices); select Chinese partner unit for filing temporary activities), and after filling in the password and verification code, complete the system registration.
Step 2: Logging in and choosing type of operation:
After you log in, please click the "temporary activities +" [“临时活动+”], to enter the process for filing temporary activities. After reading the relevant legal provisions, follow the prompts to fill in relevant information, items with "*" are required.
Step 3: Preparing Materials
After the information has been entered completely, the system will automatically generate Form 11, "foreign NGO temporary activities Filing Form";
after printing, please print Form 11, along with the other 4 materials you should print and affix a seal to.
The other 4 materials are:
(1) Documents and materials showing the FNGO's lawful establishment;
(2) The written agreement between the foreign NGO and Chinese partner unit;
(3) Materials showing the temporary activities project expenses, funding sources and the bank account of the Chinese partner unit;
(4) Approval documents obtained by the Chinese partner unit.
Step 4: Preliminary Review of Materials;
Please scan the completed materials to create PDF electronic documents, select "online initial review"[“线上初审”] and follow the instructions to upload all documents and conduct a preliminary review (all documents must be uploaded or they cannot be submitted). After uploading, click "submit for initial review" [提交初审]. You will be informed of the results of the review by text message. After passing the initial review, move on to the next process. Those that have not passed will be informed of the reasons, and please follow the instructions to apply again after revisions.
Step 5: Acceptance of Materials
After passing the initial review, please choose scheduling an appointment time [预约办理时间] on the service platform, and the system will create business codes and QR codes (must be photographed to be retained). At the time of your appointment, please go to the service window at the handling office for your province and submit hard-copies of the materials and take a receipt, completing the process of filing temporary activities.