345 total views, 13 views today
This Plan is drafted so as to implement the "Guiding Opinion by the General Office of the State Council on Strengthening the Establishment of the Personal Creditworthiness System" (Guobanfa (2016) No. 98) , to acclerate the advancement of the establishment of the Sichuan provincial personal (natural persons) creditworthiness system, and to raise the whole society's awareness of creditworthiness and credit levels, and to create a positive credit environment for Sichuan.
I. General Requirements
Fully put in place the spirit of the 19th Party Congress, with Xi Jinping's thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a new era as guidance; follow the decisions and deployment of the party central committee and State Council, to take the core socialist values as the root in education and practice from which to vigorously promote a culture of creditworthiness; persist in the principles of government taking the lead and society jointly builiding, completing a legal system, regulated development and comprehensive advancement with breakthroughs in key areas, strengthening use, and joint punishments and rewards; strengthening the basic hold on personal credit records, accelerating the establishment of personal records of creditworthiness, advancing the sharing and use of personal Public Credit Information, improve systems of rules and regulatory standards for personal information security, privacy protections, and credit restoration; complete mechanisms for rewarding trustworthiness and for joint disciplinary action against untrustworthiness that cross regions, departments, and fields' forcefully carry forward a culture of creditworthiness, letting creditworthiness become the value commonly pursued by the entire society and a code of conduct, actively creating a positive social environment where "trustworthiness is honored and untrustworthiness is shameful."
By 2020, realize full coverage of the unified citizens' social credit codes, essentially build a personal creditworthiness system with accurate and uniform Public Credit Information on adults, a basic database of personal Public Credit Information in which records are complete, information sharing is timely, information security and credit restoration mechanisms are sound, and the system and functions of joint rewards and punishments are improved.
II. Work tasks
(1) Strengthen basic support for personal credit records.
1. Establish Basic Information Databases of Public Credit Information. Following the technical structure of “one network, three databases, and multiple systems,” depending on the provincial social credit information platform and the provincial population information management system, based on the basic information of the population, and designating the citizens’ identification card number as the only proof of identification, integrate data sources that involve citizens’ credit information, such as relevant government departments, public institutions, and industry associations, comprehensively collect citizens’ personal credit information according to laws and regulations, such as citizens’ personal identification information, employment information, professional information, education history, history of violations of laws and disciplines, history of uncreditworthiness as legal representatives, taxation credit level information, and history of being subject to enforcement against uncreditworthiness, and establish a provincial basic personal public credit information database that covers all registered residents of Sichuan as well as non-Sichuan residents currently in Sichuan. Before the end of 2018, bring about seamless connections for information sharing with the provincial social credit information platform.
2. Accelerate the establishment of personal Public Credit Information management standards and technical regulations. Draft a catalog of personal Public Credit Information, classification standards, collection standards, data exchange standards, and uniform styles, in accordance with laws and regulations; establish and complete systems of personal credit information standards for key industries, establish a platform for sharing and inquiries on personal Public Credit Information that covers all of Sichuan Province, and by 2020, form a system of standards for acquisition and sharing personal information that corresponds to Sichuan province's economic and social development.
3. Establish systems of indexes for the assessment of Public Credit Information. Based on relevant provisions of national laws and regulations, drawing on advanced foreign and domestic experiences together with the actual conditions in Sichuan, draft and improve index rules and data analysis models for citizens personal Public Credit Information assessment, actively exploring mechanisms for assessing and predicting public personal credit. Relying on the province's basic database of personal Public Credit Information, explore 'city resident creditworthiness card' management mechanisms, including personal credit information collected by government departments, financial institutions, public institutions, and other bodies, in resident cards, creating 'city resident creditworthiness cards'. Promote the use of 'city resident creditworthiness cards' in fields such as social security, public transportation, education, scientific research, healthcare, personal identification, and so forth, gradually expanding the functions of its application.
(2) Accelerate the establishment of personal creditworthiness records.
4. Thoroughly advance personal real-name registration. Follow the overall requirements of the national deployment and Sichuan province's real name registration system reform work plan, to fully implement a real name registration system. Accelerate the advancement of the establishment of a uniform citizens' social credit code system based on the citizen personal identification number system; accelerate collection of fingerprints and updating information for resident identity cards, further increase the accuracy and validity of resident identity card information; bringing about full coverage of a citizens' uniform social credit code by the end of 2019. Further clean up identification documents other than resident identity cards, and for those identification documents that truly need to be continued, regulate their standards, strengthen anti-counterfeiting and identification measures. Integrate different channels for user verification, form a mutually corroborative online and offline verification system based on the uniform social code, making it so that the public can handle matters through multiple channels with a single verification, with multiple points of connectivity and seamless hand-offs.
5. Fully aggregate personal public credit information. Establish long-term and effective mechanisms for acquisition of citizens' personal Public Credit Information on the basis of the lists of powers and responsibilities, recording personal Public Credit Information of administrative counterparts in administrative management and public services, and promptly aggregate it on the provincial Social Credit Information platform. The provincial departments leading the establishment of the social credit system should increase the extent of oversight and management of each region and each departments collection of personal Public Credit Information in the course of public services and administrative management, strengthening oversight and evaluation to ensure the accurate, complete, and timely aggregation of citizens' personal Public Credit Information.
6. Establish personal creditworthiness records in key fields. The relevant departments should accelerate the establishment and improvement of mechanisms for forming personal credit records, promptly summarize creditworthiness information formed by relevant personnel in relevant activities, to ensure that information is truthful and accurate, and bring about prompt and dynamic updates with the focus on industries such as food and drugs, production safety, intermediary services, exhibitions and advertising, public resource trading, education and research, travel services, internet applications and services, fire safety, traffic safety, environmental protection, biological security, product quality, tax collection, health care, labor security, engineering and construction projects, financial services, intellectual property rights, judicial proceedings, e-commerce, volunteer service, charitable fund-raising, competitive sports, culture and entertainment, and credit reporting services; and the principal targets being officials, legally-designated representatives and the relevant responsible persons for enterprises, sole proprietors, chairpersons of agricultural professional cooperatives' boards of directors and their corresponding responsible parties, lawyers, notaries, forensic evaluators, teachers, doctors, practicing pharmacists, appraisers, tax accountants, registered fire safety engineers, registered project safety engineers, environmental protection impact assessment professionals, accountant audit personnel, personnel with registered credentials for residential urban-rural development, asset appraisers, real estate agents, intellectual property rights practitioners, certification professionals, scientific researchers, insurance operators, financial professionals, statistics professionals, news media practitioners, public resource traders and participants in government affairs services, and tour guides and other professional groups. Encourage and guide industry associations, commercial associations and other industry organizations to establish and complete membership credit archives.
(3) Promote sharing and use of personal credit information.
7. Advance the full integration of personal credit information. Promote the establishment of relationships for sharing personal public credit information and basic financial credit information databases. Gradually integrate citizens' personal Public Credit Information, personal Market Credit Information collected by industry associations and chambers of commerce, to bring about complete coverage of personal credit information records.
8. Establish working mechanisms for sharing and using personal credit Information. Rely on the provincial social credit information platform to gradually establish interconnected, intercommunicating, and mutually checking mechanisms that cross regions, departments, and industries. Provide society with authorized public credit information inquiry services in accordance with laws and regulations, and make inquiries and use personal credit information in administrative management and public services. Explore mechanisms credibility score management based on personal public credit information.
(4) Improving the mechanisms for personal information security, privacy protection, and credit repair.
9. Strengthen the security management of personal information. Establish, complete, and strictly implement systems for recording, aggregating, exchanging, using, and ensuring the security of personal information, clarifying the scope of authority and procedures for inquiries into personal information. Strengthen security defenses for basic personal public credit databases, establish and improve systems for registration and review of inquiries into personal Public Credit Information, preventing against information leaks. Strictly follow the relevant laws and regulations to increase the degree of both onsite and offsite supervision and management of the financial information basic database and credit reporting agencies, to ensure that personal credit reporting businesses are developed up to code, safeguard the lawful rights and interests of information entities, and ensure the security of state information. Before the end of 2019, establish a blacklist system for credit appraisal establishments and their staffs that violate regulations in their business.
10. Strengthening Protections of Personal Privacy. Collect personal Public Credit Information strictly in accordance with the catalog; personal public credit information must not be collected except by authorization of laws and regulations. Accelerate the establishment and completion of confidentiality review systems for administrative permits, administrative punishments, and other credit information announcement (hereinafter simply the "double disclosures') , and make the confidentiality review for disclosure of personal credit information more strict, ensuring that "double disclosures" information does not involve personal privacy. Increase the extent of investigation and punishment of acts such as the disclosure, alteration, destruction, sale or illegal provision to other of personal information, as well as illegal stealing of personal information. Carry out monitoring and control of financial institutions, credit appraisal establishments, internet enterprises, big data companies, internet finance companies,and mobile application development enterprises in the province, and oversee their lawful collection and use of personal information.
11. Establish mechanisms for restoring credit. Establish mechanisms for the correction and restoration of personal public credit information, draft operational implementation regulations for management systems such as handling objections, complaints, and administrative reconsideration. Follow relevant laws and regulations and deployments relating to the "double disclosures", clarifying the period for display of each type of Public Credit Information, and that personal Public Credit Information is not to be displayed again or displayed beyond the prescribed time. Clear channels for the restoration of credit, enrich the methods for credit restoration, explore methods such as active performance of obligations, applications for extensions, and providing explanations, to reduce the harm from breaking trust, and draft management methods for credit restoration such as through on-time performance of obligations, volunteer service, and charitable donations to restore credit.
(5) Improving the mechanism for rewarding personal trustworthiness and punishing untrustworthiness
12. Provide greater services and facilitation to those individuals with positive credit. Encourage each area and department to establish positive credit records for administrative counterparts that they designate as having positive credit situations through categorical management, creditworthy models of morality, exceptional volunteers, creditworthy members recommended by industry associations and chambers of commerce, as well as creditworthy entities uncovered by the news media, and innovate reward measures for trustworthiness. Give key support to individuals with positive credit records in fields such as education, employment, starting businesses, and social security to provide greater facilitation services to the extent possible, and, in the course of handling administrative permits, facilitation service measures such as "green channels" and "permissive acceptance" [acceptance despite defects in materials] may be lawfully employed for individuals good credit records and administrative counterparts who have not had any negative credit information recorded for three consecutive years. Encourage social establishments to lawfully use credit reporting products, and give preferential treatment and facilitation to individuals with good credit records, making it so that the trustworthy obtain greater opportunities and benefits in the marketplace.
13. Carry out joint disciplinary action for individuals in key industries with serious untrustworthy conduct. Earnestly implement the "Sichuan Provincial Implementation Plan for the Establishment and Improvement Systems of Joint Incentives for the Trustworthy and Joint Disciplinary Action Against the Untrustworthy to Accelerate the Advancement of the Establishment of Social Creditworthiness" and lawfully increase the extent of information collection on serious personal acts of untrustworthiness such as those that seriously endanger the public's safety in their health and lives, those that seriously undermine the order of fair market competition and social justice, refusals to perform legally prescribed obligations seriously influencing judicial and administrative organs credibility, and employ joint disciplinary action methods. List seriously untrustworthy individuals as targets for key scrutiny, such as those who maliciously avoid debt, gain assets and funds through fraud, give or accept bribes, illegally fund-raise, conduct telecom fraud, conduct internet fraud, conduct financial fraud, conduct news fraud, fraudulently obtain official documents, have traffic violations, do not lawfully and honestly pay taxes, fraudulently collect donations, fraudulently obtain marriage certificates, or who obtain employment and entrepreneurship benefits and social security funds through fraud, and lawfully employ administrative restrictions and punishment measures against them. At the same time that joint disciplinary action is conducted against untrustworthy enterprises and public institutions, corresponding joint disciplinary action should be taken against the relevant responsible persons, in accordance with laws, regulations, and policies, and make joint disciplinary action reach down to the individual. Encourage having individual's records of serious untrustworthiness in market activities produced by Basic Financial Credit Information Databases and credit appraisal establishments delivered to the provincial social credit information platform and being a consideration in carrying out punitive measures.
14. Promote the formation of market and social constraints and punishments. establish and complete systems for disclosing, exposing, and reporting personal acts of serious untrustworthiness, relying on each area's and each department's government website and the 'Credit China (Sichuan)' website, to publicly disclose the information on serious personal untrustwrothiness in the hands of each area's government organs, and send them to the Sichuan Daily, Sichuan Radio and Television, sc.wenming.cn, and other mainstream media, forming a strong public deterrent. Encourage market entities to provide differentiated services to seriously untrustworthy individuals. Support credit reporting institutions in collecting information on serious untrustworthy conduct and including it in credit records and credit reports.
(6) Strengthening education on personal creditworthiness
15. Forcefully carry forward a culture of creditworthiness . Make honesty and trustwothiness the key to establishing morality, with education and practice of the core socialist values as the root, vigorously carry forward concepts of the culture of creditworthiness such as 'creditworthiness, sincerity, trustworthiness, and accountability' and 'without creditworthiness, what is one worth' ; expand the extent to which credit knowledge is spread, draft a Sichuan citizen's code of creditworthienss, carry out themed activities such as on creditworthy industries, creditworthy units, creditworthy demonstration neighborhoods, creditworthy demonstrations and so forth; making creditworthiness education permeate the entire process of establishing citizen morality and building a spiritual civilization. Strengthen education on social morality, professional ethics, family virtues, and personal morality, building a social atmosphere where "the trustworthy are proud, the untrustworthy are ashamed, and those without credit are concerned.
16. Widely carry out publicity on creditworthiness. Take Chinese New Year, National Day, Creditworthiness Publicity Month, Quality Month, Only Creditworthiness Publicity Day, National Day of Concern for Credit Records, National Constitution Day and National Legal Publicity Day and other legally-prescribed holidays and important times. to thoroughly carry out special publicity activities on creditworthiness, and consolidating publicity on credit policies and regulations, credit knowledge, case examples, and accomplishments of credit efforts. Promote the creation of art works and public interest advertisement on creditworthiness that blend the traditional Chinese culture of creditworthiness with modern values, create a 'Creditworthy Sichuan' column in the Sichuan Daily, Sicuan Radio and Television, Sichuan Civilization Webpage, and other such media; launch 'Creditworthy Sichuan' public accounts on Weibo and WeChat, fully publicizing the establishment of the social credit system, increasing the frequency of publicity of creditworthiness, and raising the level of publicity on creditworthiness.
17. Actively establish positive models of creditworthiness. Give full play to the role of media such as the "Credit China (Sichuan)" website, Sichuan Daily, and Sichuan TV, in publicity and guiding public opinion, vigorously uncover and publicize examples of creditworthiness such as relevant departments' and social organizations' selections of administrative counterparts with positive credit statuses, creditworthy models of morality, 'Good People of Sichuan', exceptional volunteers, Organize all websites to carry out special topics on internet creditworthiness, regularly publicizing and promoting exemplars of creditworthiness, deeds of creditworthiness, to put forth a wave of high-quality online cultural projects, on the theme of creditworthiness, and strengthen using cases of online untrustworthiness as warning lessons. Establish systems for the selection, establishment, and introduction of models of creditworthiness; support relevant departments and social organizations in periodically recommending exemplars of creditworthiness and persons with no negative credit record to the public.
18. Comprehensively strengthen creditworthiness education in schools. Increase content educational content on creditworthiness in basic, higher, vocational, and adult education, and other relevant courses. Encourage colleges and secondary schools to establish courses relevant to the field of social credit. Support schools of higher learning with the capacity in developing majors related to social credit administration. Promote schools strengthening social credit administration, establishing and completing archives on the creditworthiness of adult students 18 years old or older, making students' personal creditworthiness an important measure in their graduation, advancement, assessments and recognitions, issuance of scholarships, enlistment, evaluations, recommendations and other such situations. Untrustworthy acts such as cheating on tests, academic fraud, not performing on promises to return financial assistance loans, or fabricating employment materials, are to be met with education and handled, and the relevant information entered into their personal credit archive in accordance with laws and regulations.
19. Thoroughly carry out credit education and training. Implement systems for credit management professional training and assessment, and explore the establishment of management measures for credit service establishments and their practitioner staffs practicing in Sichuan. Increase the extent of training for persons working in credit, enriching knowledge of credit, and raising the level of credit management. Encourage all types of social organizations and enterprises to construct credit management and education systems, organizing the signing of credit commitment letters on entry to the field, and carrying out training on credit knowledge and foster a culture of credit in the enterprise. Organize the writing of primers and picture books on credit knowledge and rely on all kinds of community (village) basic level organization to spread credit information to the public.
III. Implementation Steps
(1) Initial Building Phase (before the end of 2018) Put together special project team for the establishment of personal creditworthiness, complete the establishment of basic personal public credit databases and bring about interconnections and sharing with the provincial social credit information platform, research putting forward a catalog and regulatory standards for collecting, sharing, using, and management of personal Public Credit Information, organize the implementation of education and publicity on personal creditworthiness and research management systems related to the establishment of personal creditworthiness.
(2) Initiation of implementation phase (Late 2018- June, 2019) Realize full coverage of the citizens' uniform social credit code, complete accurate, comprehensive, and complete collection of personal Public Credit Information for citizens' in functional departments; complete personal credit records for individuals in key fields and bring about dynamic updating; draft and improve systems of regulations for the establishment of personal creditworthiness; establish and complete working mechanisms for rewarding trustworthiness, punishing untrustworthiness, information security protections, credit information restoration, and so forth; comprehensively carry out education on personal creditworthiness; making examples of creditworthiness fully enter our character, and personal Public Credit Information being widely used in the markets.
(3) Sustainable Implementation Phase (July 2019- End of 2020). Thoroughly strengthen education and publicity on creditworthiness, promptly and completely recording personal Public Credit Information and information on individuals in key fields, further improve credit security protections and credit restoration mechanisms, fully implement incentives for trustworthiness and punishments for untrustworthiness, continuously expand the functions of the 'citizens' creditworthiness card', carry out personal credit record inquiry services, giving full play to the provincial Social Credit Information platform's important role in social governance, economic development, and other such areas.
IV. Safeguard Measures
(1) Improve mechanisms for advancing work. Each area and relevant department should promptly draft specific work plans for that department on in accordance with their duties and division of labor, clarifying the tasks and timing for work stages, and drafting feasible work regulations and detailed rules for implementation. The provincial department leading the establishment of the social credit system should establish mechanisms for advancing work evaluations, and periodically oversee, guide, and inspect each area and relevant department's efforts to establish a personal creditworthiness system.
(2) Establish and complete a framework of systems for credit. Each area and relevant department should follow the relevant national laws and regulations, as well as their duties and division of labor, to gradually establish and improve the system of regulations on the establishment of an personal creditworthiness system, strengthening protections of personal information security and personal privacy, vigorously preserving entity rights and lawful rights and interests of personal information, improve systems for regulating all phases in for personal public creditworthiness information, such as for its recording, aggregating, processing, inquiry, and application; creating a positive legal environment for the establishment of a personal creditworthiness system. The provincial department leading the establishment of the social credit system should strengthen planning and guidance.
(3) Expand the extent of monetary support. All areas and relevant departments should make the establishment of personal creditworthiness an important part of the departments work, expand financial investment in the establishment of social credit system, and actively provide financial support for the organization efforts on the construction of an personal creditworthiness system. Expand the extent of financial support such as for establishment of personal public credit information records, application of information, publicity and education, and cultivation of talent, to ensure that each item is put in place and truly implemented.