WEBSITE USE & ACCESS AGREEMENT
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEB SITE
China Law Translate’s (CLT) Operators* maintain Chinalawtranslate.com (“the Website”) for informational purposes only. Please read this agreement carefully before using the Website. Access to this Website is subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Your use of the Website signifies your acceptance of this agreement. If you do not agree to comply with this agreement, please do not use the Website.
Discussion Forum Disclaimer and Policy Statement
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
China Law Translate (unless otherwise indicated) either owns the intellectual property rights in the underlying HTML, text, images, audio/video clips, and other content that is made available to you on this Website (the “Materials”), or has obtained the permission of the owner of the intellectual property to use the Materials on this Website.
By contributing translations to China Law Translate, through use of the site’s software or by submission of translations via email or contact forms for the purpose of use on the site, you attest that you have the rights to share the translated material, and authorize CLT to license use of the materials to others under this agreement.
China Law Translate grants you a limited license to display on your computer, print, download, and use the Materials for non-commercial, personal, or educational purposes only, provided that:
- you agree that CLT and its operators are not liable for any liability you incur as a result of using of this limited license;
- You include with and display on each copy the associated copyright notice and this limited license; and
Modifications of, and derivative works based upon, the Materials may be used only for the means and purposes discussed above. Further, in sharing such works, you must include display an acknowledgment on each copy that the work is based upon CLT Material that has been modified, the address where the original Material can be found, and the associated copyright information.
No other use is permitted without the express written permission of China Law Translate. Nothing in this notice confers any right in any copyright of CLT or other copyright owner’s content provided on this Website.
Usage is permitted only in accordance with the limited license as described above, and no other uses are permitted. The following are examples of prohibited uses are provided for clarity:
Except as otherwise permitted by written permission of Publisher or by separate agreement signed by both Parties, you may NOT:
- Remove, cover, obscure, or alter the authors’ names or the copyright notices, trademarks, logos, or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Materials;
- Systematically or regularly make print or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Materials for any purpose, except as provided in the Usage Rights section above;
- Mount or distribute Materials on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web.
- Download portions from the Materials for the purpose of creating systematic and persistent local copies (not including transient, dynamic caches of individually requested material) for redistribution;
- Use articles or portions of the Materials for any Commercial Use ( e.g., printing to resell or redistribute);
- Use any automated computer program or activity to search, index, test, download, or grab information from the Materials (including but not limited to web robots, spiders, and crawlers) that has a negative impact on Publisher’s Server or on the use of the Materials by others.
CLT currently uses “cookies” on this Website to monitor traffic patterns and improve our Website. Our cookies do not collect or disclose any personal information about the person using the browser. They are only used to detect the fact that a given visitor has been to our site before in the past. In other words, these cookies help us to differentiate between first time and repeated visitors.
Materials and translations are provided on this Website are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. CLT specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. CLT periodically adds, deletes, changes, improves, or updates the Materials on this Website without notice. Under no circumstances shall CLT be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to have resulted from the use of this Website, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of this Website is at your sole risk. Under no circumstances including, but not limited to, negligence, shall CLT or its staff be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if CLT has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You specifically acknowledge and agree that CLT is not liable for any conduct of any user of the Website.
As a condition of use of this Website, you agree to indemnify CLT from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses arising out of your use of this Website, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by you of this agreement. If you are dissatisfied with any material on this Website or with any part of this agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Website.
Some of the links on this Website may lead to resources outside of the CLT. The linked sites are not under the control of CLT and CLT has not reviewed or investigated in any way the information at such linked sites. CLT makes no representation or warranty as to the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. CLT is providing these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, representation or warranty by the CLT.
This Website may contain advertisements by third parties. Unless otherwise specifically stated on this Website, CLT does not endorse or make any representation regarding the liability, quality or accuracy of any products or services featured in, or linked to any advertisement that appears on this Website.
You should not assume that the Materials are complete or up-to-date. CLT does not oblige itself to periodically or otherwise update this information, however regular reviews of the Materials for content and relevance will be conducted.
Communications made through the electronic mail and/or messaging capabilities of this Website shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to or from CLT or any of its employees, or representatives, with respect to any application or existing or potential claim or cause of action against CLT or any of its employees or representatives.
Discussion Forum Disclaimer and Policy Statement
Discussion and Comment Section contents reflect the views and opinions of individual participants only and not necessarily those of CLT or its operators. The contents of messages will not be changed or altered by CLT in any way. However, CLT reserves the right to delete any messages it believes are unsuitable in content. CLT bears no responsibility for accuracy of comments of any participants and will bear no legal liability for discussion results. Participants must maintain a high level of professional courtesy.
The following rules govern the discussion forums or comments sections presented in this Website. Please read carefully before participating. Your use of the discussion forum in this Website will constitute your agreement to comply with these rules:-
- If you participate in a discussion, you are responsible for ensuring that any material you post to this Website does not violate or infringe upon the copyright, patent, trademark or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party, and is posted with the permission of the owner of such rights.
- You agree not to use any obscene or offensive language or to place on this Website any material that is libelous, abusive, or hateful, constitutes junk mail or unauthorized, advertising, invades anyone’s privacy, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, or international law or regulation. You agree to use the discussion forum in this Website only for lawful purposes.
- You must not send any information or material to this Website which is indecent, unethical, obscene, or contains pornography.
- You must not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website.
- Discussion material in this Website is for your personal use only. You may not in any way make commercial or other unauthorized use, by publication, re-transmission, distribution, or otherwise, of material obtained through or in this Website.
- CLT does not monitor the messages on the forum in this Website on a regular basis. Those who wish to contact CLT should use the contact forms contained elsewhere in this Website.
CLT may revise this agreement and/or introduce additional terms and conditions at any time and from time to time. CLT reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue this Website or any of the Material in any respect.
No Waiver of CLT’s Rights
No act, delay or omission by CLT shall affect its right, powers and remedies under this agreement or any further or other exercise of such rights, powers or remedies. The rights and remedies under this agreement are cumulative and not exclusive of the rights and remedies provided by law.
If any provision of this agreement is not or ceases to be legally binding and enforceable, it will not affect the legality, binding effect or enforceability of any other provision.
Access to the Website
CLT reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Website or any portion thereof without notice.
CLT intends for the site to be available 24-hours per day, 7 days per week. However, CLT will not be liable for damages or refunds should the site become unavailable temporarily or access to the site becomes slow or incomplete due to system back-up procedures, regular maintenance, Internet traffic volume, upgrades, overload of requests to the servers, general network failures or delays, or any other cause beyond the control of CLT (including, but not limited to force majeure events, networking problems, IP address changes) which may from time to time make the site inaccessible.
INSTITUTIONAL SUBSCRIBERS and Access
An Institutional subscriber is an institution dedicated to higher education with access to China Law Translate’s Licensed Materials by purchasing an institutional subscription. Institutional subscribers may be authenticated by two methods as specified in their subscription agreement.
- Access at an Authorized Site
Access at an Authorized Site is controlled by valid Internet Protocol (“IP”) address(es), or range(s) of IP addresses, which the Institutional Subscriber is responsible for providing. Only the IP address(es) submitted by the Licensee at the time of the initial subscription or at the time of renewal may have access to the material. Addition of IP addresses at any other time must be approved in advance by CLT and may require additional payment if the addition(s) increases the number of Authorized Users, Licensee may use a proxy server or cable service for providing remote dial-in access for its Authorized Institutional Location Users (defined below). Use of an open proxy server to provide access for its Authorized Users is prohibited.
The Institutional subscriber is responsible for deleting any expired or inaccurate IP address(es) from the subscription account, for taking reasonable measures to prevent access by unauthorized individuals to its authorized IP address(es), and for terminating any unauthorized access of which it has actual notice or knowledge.
An Authorized Institutional Location User is any individual who is a registered student, faculty member, staff member, or affiliated researcher (“employee” or independent contractor at a company) of an Authorized Site. An affiliated researcher or independent contractor must be employed, and/or conducting research, physically at an Authorized Site. A visitor to an Authorized Site who is authorized to use that facility’s library network is considered to be an Authorized User.
- Authorized User Account Access
Authorized Institutional Account Users are those people who are permitted to access content by creating an account associated with a verified Institutional email address. For further information please contact us by completing the form here.
In addition to the general WEBSITE USE & ACCESS AGREEMENT above, the following terms apply. By subscribing to China Law Translate and using the website you agree to all terms and conditions.
Institutional subscribers are entitled to:
- Make temporary local electronic copies (by means of caching or mirrored storage) of all or part of any protected article;
- Allow authorized users to have access to the Licensed Materials via a verified Institutional Email account.
- Provide single printed or electronic copies of single articles at the request of individual authorized users for individual use;
Users authorized by the institutional subscriber may:
- Search, view, retrieve and display the Licensed Materials for personal use;
- Electronically save individual articles or items of the Licensed Materials for personal use;
- Print a copy of parts of the Licensed Materials for non-profit purposes;
- Distribute a copy of individual articles of the Licensed Materials in print or electronic form only to other authorized users within the institution.
Access will be discontinued at the expiration of the subscription period, unless renewed. The Operators may, at their sole discretion, suspend or terminate access to the website immediately and without notice should the above terms be overruled.
You must not:
- Republish material from this website (including republication on another website)
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- Show any material from the website in public;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- Redistribute material from this website [except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution].
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York
If you need to contact us regarding this agreement, or other matters, please do so through the online contact form.
Signature of Authorized Representative of the Institutional subscribers.